- Rapid global mobility. McDowell, Master Sgt. John K. // Airman;Jan1999, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p6
Discusses the United States Air Force's capability to move forces and firepower to anywhere in the world at any time, which demonstrate the country's air power. Instances when such capability is required; Demonstration of the capability in November 1998; Significance for sister services and allies.
- IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE? // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Aug2005, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p13
Presents a photograph depicting an exercise, which included a car bombing and unauthorized entries to the flight line as part of the 926th Security Forces Squadron operational readiness exercise in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Seamless Supply. Stringer, Colonel William // Air Force Journal of Logistics;Winter99, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p1
Argues that the United States Air Force's Readiness-Based Leveling (RBL) does not directly address readiness in terms of readiness goals by weapon system or by unit. Assumption that all weapon systems are equal in mission importance and all stock record account numbers (SRAN) are equally...
- Demystifying RBL. Fulk, David A. // Air Force Journal of Logistics;Summer99, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p1
Focuses on the Readiness-based Leveling (RBL) or the DO35E system, a leveling system of the United States Air Force that determines the allocation of resources to all bases around the world. Factors that determine RBL levels; Role of expected back orders in RBL levels; Use of marginal analysis...
- Are Our Big Bombers Ready to Go? Martin, Harold H. // Saturday Evening Post;12/30/1950, Vol. 223 Issue 27, p18
The article relates the preparations of the Strategic Air Command (SAC), the atomic arm of the U.S. Air Force, for a possible war against Russia. The atomic bombers practice dropping bombs during nights or in stormy weather at several towns, such as Denver, Colorado, that resemble some Russian...
- Integration & Operationalizing: Are Key Words for Air Force Reservists. Minton, Eric // Officer;Sep2009, Vol. 85 Issue 7, p42
The article reports on the message of Major General Mark W. Anderson, mobilization assistant to the chief of the Air Force, at the Reserve Officers Association (ROA) Convention in Orlando, Florida on July 8-11, 2009. He states that the agency aims for across-the-board integration in all of its...
- SAFETY POLICY IN A COMBAT ENVIRONMENT. Peppe, Timothy A. // Flying Safety;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 58 Issue 1/2, p3
Explains that aggressive safety program is essential to the preservation of the United States Air Force combat potential in war as in peace.
- Agile Combat Support The Concept. Morrow, Connie // Air Force Journal of Logistics;Summer2003, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p40
Focuses on the concept of the Agile Combat Support of the U.S. Air Force. Preparation of military forces on quick response; Sustainability of an operational activity with the right resource; Institutionalization of a process to capture lessons learned for the improvement of the combat support...
- Doctrine and Combat Support C2. Richards, John // Air Force Journal of Logistics;Summer2003, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p43
Comments on the combat support command and control operational architecture of the U.S. Air Force. Significance of the doctrine in establishing an effective command and control structure; Importance of sound guidance on command and control in the area of combat support; Recommendation on the...