How to be a happy traveller
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;7/6/2007, Issue 2774, p53
The article offers news briefs related to tourism. The Emirates airline announced that it will start its daily direct flight from Newcastle to Dubai, United Arab Emirates on September 1, 2007. Superbreak added more than 30 properties to its Middle East accommodation-only program. Rosewood Hotels...
- Local hoteliers expect a weaker winter season but not a devastating one. Guadalupe-Fajardo, Evelyn // Caribbean Business;11/29/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 48, p22
Reports the effects of the United States terrorist attacks on the tourism industry in Puerto Rico. Renewal of apprehensions on air travel; Decline of hotel occupancy; Need for the maintenance of the product quality and market visibility.
- The Real Deals Right Now. // Arthur Frommer's Budget Travel;Feb2006, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p78
The article presents information on affordable travel deals in several countries including the U.S., Canada and Mexico. A travel package of a six-night stay at the Allamanda Beach Hotel in Barbados including air travel from Fort Lauderdale, Florida only costs $824. On the other hand, the tourism...
- WEEK IN REVIEW. // Travel Agent;2/4/2002, Vol. 307 Issue 2, p84
Reports developments related to tourist trade as of February 2002. Anticipation of growth in the tourism industry; Accounts on the decline of hotel occupancy rates; Drop in agents commissions from Delta Air Lines.
- Hoteliers pay transfer fee. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;4/29/2002, Issue 2511, p35
Discusses the efforts of hoteliers in Saint Kitts and Nevis to fund connecting flights on the islands from Antigua to improve its tourism. Information on participating hotels; Schedule of air travel; Plans of the tourist authorities.
- Rear View. // Corporate Meetings & Incentives;Jan2002, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p100
Presents an update on the travel industry as of January 2002. Details of the air travelers survival guide by A. Frank Steward; Features of the Ritz-Carlton hotel in Sarasota, Florida.
- Balearics buoyed by UK market. Coulter, Adam // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;7/7/2003, Issue 2571, p9
Reports on the increasing number of British travelers to the Balearic Islands in Spain. Result of the growth of no-frills air flights; Compensation for reduced German travelers; Reduction of hotel rates.
- Seats issue is up in the air. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;4/29/2002, Issue 2511, p33
Focuses on the tourist trade in Anguilla. Problems of tourism authorities concerning access and air travel; Status of tourism in February 2002; Discussion on hotels.
- checking in. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;1/10/2013, Issue 3033, p19
The article presents news briefs related to travel industry including the opening of a new Royal Suite of London, England-based InterContinental Park Lane, the launching of a new private island of Coco Collection in the Maldives, and the air travel offering of Madrid, Spain-based Hotel Villa...