A Charter First
- N.Y.C. Announces GO Sale, TFA School Bond Schedule. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;5/11/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32379, p31
The article reports that the New York City Transitional Finance Authority (TFA) will be selling $4.87 billion of state aid-backed debt to finance capital projects for the city's school system. The legislators in the state have agreed to boost the borrowing capacity of TFA by $9.4 billion to help...
- N.J. EDA Approves Up to $750M Of Debt for School Construction. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;9/14/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32217, p4
Reports on the approval of the sale of 750 million dollar of school facilities construction bonds by the New Jersey Economic Development Authority at its annual meeting. Establishment of interest rates on a daily basis; Allocation of funds for school construction projects; Bond ratings.
- IRS releases 1999 QZAB Allocations; School renovation program enters final year. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;11/16/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30521, p8
Reports that the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has released the qualified zone academy bond allocations for 1999. Determination of how much of the $400 million national cap the states can use for school renovation and expansion; Comparison with 1998 levels; Issuance of municipal...
- Education Sector Helps Prop Up Sagging Issuance. WATTS, JIM // Bond Buyer;8/12/2013, Vol. 385 Issue 33960, p8A
The article focuses on education as the largest of the ten public finance sectors in the U.S. tracked by media and information firm Thomson Reuters. Figures show that the education sector accounted for almost one-third of bonds sold in the first half of 2013. Interest rates are said to be the...
- N.C. County May Request $200M Issue for New Schools. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;01/18/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31059, p3
Reports on Forsyth County, North Carolina's plan to issue bonds to build seven schools, including two high schools. Amount of bonds to be issued by the county; School officials' presentation of the proposal to the county commissioners; Controversy concerning the proposed bonds.
- Alpine, Utah, School District Wants $200 Million Bond Vote. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;01/29/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31065, p3
Reports that the Alpine School District in Utah is considering a May 2001 referendum for general obligation bonds. Estimated value of the bonds; Student population in the district as of 2000; Use of the bond proceeds to finance new schools as well as expansions and improvements to existing...
- New Mexico to Sell $63 Million for Seniors, Education Needs. Walker, Patrick M. // Bond Buyer;02/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31070, p42
Focuses on New Mexico's plan to sell general obligation debt on February 13, 2001 to finance projects aimed at improving public education facilities and those for senior citizens. Amount of bonds to be issued by New Mexico; Voters' approval of the bond package on November 7, 2000.
- Controversy Swirls Around Colorado Charter School's Bond Deal. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;03/29/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31107, p3
Reports on the controversy concerning the allegations made by officials from the Jefferson County Public School District in Colorado that bond funds issued for the charter school were handled improperly by administrators. Reaction of the treasurer of a Colorado charter school to the...
- Windy City TIF Windfall? Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;01/18/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30809, p1A
Reports on Chicago Public Schools officials' plan to sell bonds backed by revenues from expiring tax increment finance districts.