- Lamps. // Home Accents Today;Dec2010, Issue 12, p25
The article reports on the sales performance of the lamp category in the home decoration sector in the U.S. for 2010, based on the Universe Study of the "Home Accents Today" periodical. Lamp sales at discount department stores and off-price retailers are estimated at 1.51 billion dollars. A 10%...
- Furniture Malls Cozy Up to High-Traffic Concept. Newman, Morris // National Real Estate Investor;Aug2006, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p14
The article focuses on the $90 million South Coast Home Furnishings Center in Costa Mesa, California. The center represents the latest version of a growing trend to gather home furnishing dealers into a single center and is the largest version to date of the furniture-only concept with a 300,000...
- GOOD WEEK BAD WEEK. // Cabinet Maker;5/13/2005, Issue 5438, p31
Reports on updates in the furniture industry in Great Britain.
- Different Merchandise at the Mart. // Interior Design;Jul2012, Vol. 83 Issue 7, p36
The article discusses NeoCon, the furnishing industry event at Merchandise Mart in Chicago, Illinois.
- Home office, entertainment feeding the urge to merge. Russell, Thomas // Furniture/Today;11/28/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p32
The article focuses on the trend towards merger of home office and entertainment in the U.S. furniture market. This is evidenced by the latest products featured at the October 2005 market in High Point, North Carolina. An example at the market was Jesper 1000, a traditionally-styled line of...
- COMING UP ROSES. // Cabinet Maker;1/20/2006, Issue 5472, p28
The article reports on the popularity of roses in the home furnishings design. Three-dimensional roses are featured in lighting fixtures, wall art, home accents and accessories and upholstery. Helen Amy Murray's hand-detailed surface relief within textiles. Spina has partnered with Wedgwood to...
- DreamHome opens in Chicago. // Furniture/Today;10/17/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p96
Reports that DreamHome, the Design House has opened at the Merchandise Mart Design Center in the U.S. Features of the nine-room DreamHome; Objective of the Merchandise Mart Design Center's showrooms; List of the designers who work for the DreamHome.
- It's their first time, so make it quick. // Cabinet Maker;2/18/2005, Issue 5426, p55
Reports on the survey that almost a quarter of first time buyers of home furniture are no longer happy to settle for hand-me-downs. Alternatives of the first time buyers to get their shopping done; Percentage of buyers having a secondhand sofa.
- Hidden agenda. Baum, Stephanie // Cabinet Maker;5/13/2005, Issue 5438, p16
Features various storage furnitures in Great Britain. Description of W, Schillig's storage footstool; Distinct features of CDiva's Kombod CD and DVD storage system designed by Claude Divanach; Usability of Artenciel's Paris-Tokyo coffee table.