TV break for mite buster
- Local programming is key to marketing of TV station. // Marketing News;12/11/1981, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p14
Reports on the importance of local programming to marketing of television stations in the U.S., according to Phil Jones, vice president and general manager of station KCMO. Owner of the television station; Ways by which local commitment is manifested.
- Stung TVNZ may start up own distrib. Drinnan, John // Daily Variety;8/23/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 35, p4
Reports on the plan of TVNZ to revive its own distribution company in Auckland, New Zealand. Rejection of the catalog of the television station by distribution companies; Aim of the station to play a role in marketing to other countries; Decision of the station to continue making direct sales.
- BLURB BIZ GETTING TOUGHER. Grego, Melissa // Variety;06/12/2000, Vol. 379 Issue 4, p11
Discusses the importance of promoting television programs in order for them to succeed in the United States. Views of Joseph Scotti, Pearson television president of domestic marketing and distribution, on the need of promotion; Actions taken by syndicated studios; Workshop plans of different...
- Powerpuff Girls clothes target older generation. Mason, Tania // Marketing (00253650);4/24/2003, p10
The television channel Cartoon Network is aiming to stretch the appeal of its Power-puff Girls television show into a lifestyle brand, starting with the launch of a range of couture clothing in Great Britain to be sold exclusively through Selfridges.The fashion launch is part of a repositioning...
- True Middle America. Malone, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;2/1/2010, Vol. 140 Issue 5, p16
The article reports on the development of television station KFVS-TV in the U.S. It is noted that the network has a household rating of 12.7 along with primetime, morning, early evening, and late news programs. It further states that KFVS covers its station signals in Paducah, Kentucky, Cape...
- SUDT ups exex to fill big slate. Grego, Melissa // Variety;08/21/2000, Vol. 380 Issue 1, p12
Discusses the expansion of the promotions department of Studio USA Domestic Television in order to accommodate its programming for the fall 2000 season. Information on the airing of its television program `Lover or Loser'; Appointment of Jewel Cobb as promotions director for the program `Sally...
- Can Zee leverage cricket rights to regain India TV crown? Savage, Mike // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;10/9/2004, p20
This article focuses on the fact that the television network Zee TV, once India's most popular pay television station, is once again mounting a challenge to regain its crown. Rumors are circulating in India's television industry that the channel also plans to revamp its evening fare, which at...
- Media choice: Big Brother. Robertson, Anthony // Marketing (00253650);6/3/2004, p10
After last year's snore-a-thon, television network Channel 4 has made a big effort to find contestants for the fifth series of the television program "Big Brother," clearly picking them to create a volatile atmosphere within the house. At first count, we have two gay men, one lesbian, two...
- SMALL MARKETS ADD UP. Pursell, Chris // Television Week;9/22/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 38, p13
Focuses on The Warner Bros. 100+ Station Group in the U.S. Benefits of the station group for syndicators; Advantages of a national marketing campaign created by the group; Examples of television programs offered by the group.