- Patches: Markers of Experience. McElroy, Gil // Surface Design Journal;Winter2010, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p44
The article discusses the importance of patches to one's life. The author mentions that patches, as applied to one's job or tasks, denotes personal or group achievement, a respected markers of civil or military importance and demonstrate proof of participation in some event. Patches also...
- Application of Sector in Costume Design. HUANG Jun-min; LI Xiang; SUN Yu-fang; WU Hong-fang // Advanced Materials Research;2014, Issue 1048, p181
Sector is an important part of Chinese elements. This work elaborates on the origins of sector and its endowed connotations, cultural significance and unique characteristics. The application of sector in product and costume design is also introduced in this study. While discovering the unique...
- ZANDRA RHODES: TAKES THE STAGE. Stabb, Jo Ann C. // Surface Design Journal;Summer2008, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p12
The article features the works of textile and fashion designer Zandra Rhodes. It relates that Rhode's textile design is characterized with vivid, highly saturated color and hand-drawn patterning. Her screen-printed fabrics with signature squiggles and markings are synonymous with her lively...
- Developing Strategy and Design Ideas for Domestic Market of Skiing Clothes. // China Textile Leader;Aug2009, Issue 8, p83
The development of domestic market of skiing clothes is analyzed from present situation and developing trend. And several countermeasures are put forward to the situation of late development of the domestic ski suit. At the same time, the article expounds several design ideas for ski suit in...
- LATIFA MEDJDOUB: Evolution and Transformation. Draheim, Teliha // Surface Design Journal;Winter2010, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p26
The article profiles Latifa Medjdoub, a professional costume designer in France. It notes that Mekjdoub, at the age of seventeen, started to work as an assistant in the atelier of the painter Pasquale Lecreux which gives her an opportunity to study in an applied art and textile school in...
- Designer profile: Jeffrey aronoff. // Hospitality Design;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p37
The article presents information on the views and fascination of Jeffrey Aronoff, a designer, for bright colors and fabrics. Jeffrey Aronoff is the creative director and designer of his namesake handwoven fabrics company. He says that he gets excited when he gets to see beautiful yarn. With a...
- Gelernt, genÃ¤ht, geprÃ¼ft, gewonnen. Bettina, Maurer // Textilwirtschaft;12/1/2011, Issue 48, p72
The article discusses professional competition in the German textile and fashion industries by Zitex, designed to encourage young talent, with the first "Next" prize going to Katharina Karger, and second prize to Natalie Roth.
- Students Honored by KTA. Holch, Allegra // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/15/1998, Vol. 176 Issue 113, p11
Features the student designers who were honored by the Knitted Textile Association in 1998. Highlights of the program; Names of the students; How the winners were chosen.
- ITMA Names Design Winners. // Home Textiles Today;6/7/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 14, p10
The article reports that the International Textile Market Association (ITMA) has named the ten winners in the annual Virginia Jackson Design Awards competition which include Huong Nguyen, Nami Minaki, and Bo Young Moon.