Suppliers are 'owed Â£30m' claim
- Don't delay taking action. // Credit Management;Mar2009, p11
The article reports on the Â£9 million debt recovery of the ICSM in Great Britain. It mentions that the company is still exerting its effort to compensate its remaining Â£3 million debts, despite its success in surpassing such Â£9 million debt. ICSM's managing director Ian Carrotte is...
- Corporate Debt and Equity: Another Look at their Determinants. Palliam, Ralph; Wafaa Sbeiti; Ghosh, Dilip K. // Frontiers in Finance & Economics;Oct2013, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p31
Capital structure plays a significant role in the determination of the value of the firm. The literature is replete with studies that relate to mature capitalist economies in the western world. When the models are applied to less-structured countries of the Middle East, one would question...
- Thinking the unthinkable? // Cabinet Maker;11/12/2004, Issue 5414, p3
Comments on the performance of the furniture retailer Courts PLC in Great Britain. Debts of the firm; Return of James Jacobs to the firm; Impact of management failures on the firm.
- CEO EMOTIONAL BIAS AND CAPITAL STRUCTURE CHOICE BAYESIAN NETWORK METHOD. Ali, AZOUZI Mohamed; Anis, JARBOUI // Researchers World: Journal of Arts, Science & Commerce;Apr2012, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p14
This research examines the determinants of firms' capital structure introducing a behavioral perspective that has received little attention in corporate finance literature. The following central hypothesis emerges from a set of recently developed theories: firms managed by loss aversion,...
- 60 SECONDS WITH..... // Mortgage Strategy;10/19/2009, p35
An interview with Nick Pearson, director of external affairs at Paymex Group, is presented. When asked about the services offered by Paymex, Pearson says that the company is providing debt solutions to individuals and businesses. He suggests that having a relationship with a debt management...
- ...Spot Trouble in Your Financials. Dahl, Darren; Hirsh, Carol // Inc.;Oct2004, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p96
Presents tips on identifying problems in corporate finances. Solution for problems related to bill payments; Formula to determine the ratio of debt to assets; Procedures for determining accounts receivable turnover rate.
- FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT INDICATORS TO AID DECISION MAKING (STATISTICS). // Journal of Financial Management & Analysis;Jan-Jun2005, Vol. 18 Issue 1, Preceding p1
The article discusses the manipulation of company earnings through debt equity swaps and defeasances. In a debt-equity swap, an investment banker purchases a company's bonds in the open market, exchanges those bonds for a new issue of the company's common stock, and then sells the stock to...
- Credit Applications: Terms To Bind Your Customer. Brittain, Mike; Blakeley, Scott // Business Credit;May2006, Vol. 108 Issue 5, p48
The article discusses the importance of credit applications in company operations. According to the author, credit applications will set forth the rights of the vendors in the event of a dispute with customers. It is also a good source of information regarding the company's rules and the...
- Debt Instruments and Corporate Reorgs. // Practical Accountant;Sep2004, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p12
The article focuses on debt instruments and corporate reorganization under circumstances described in the revenue rule 2004-78.