SB vows to deliver
- Letters. // Cabinet Maker;12/17/2004, Issue 5419, p8
Presents several letters to the editor referencing articles and topics discussed in previous issues. Appreciation for offer to help costumers of furniture company Courts; Criticism of Silentnight Furniture for not fulfilling orders placed in good faith; Comments on indecency in advertisement.
- Courts' credit deal clarified. // Cabinet Maker;9/20/2002, Issue 5305, p1
Reports that British furniture company Courts has stopped advertising credit offers as interest-free when consumers could be liable for interest.
- How to avoid supply chain disruptions. Toby, Sheryl L. // Logistics Today;Dec2005, Vol. 46 Issue 12, p24
This article focuses on some solutions as to how one can avoid supply chain disruptions. In order to monitor the financial condition of suppliers, the customer can include financial and other similar reporting obligations in the purchase orders or contract. If specialized tooling is necessary,...
- Suppliers are 'owed Â£30m' claim. // Cabinet Maker;12/17/2004, Issue 5419, p3
The article reports that according to a member of its management team of Courts PLC, suppliers are owed Â£30 million by the company. Staff were apparently unaware of the seriousness of the situation until their expenses cheques bounced. Most of its 300 head office staff have been made redundant.
- Bargain battle. Rule // Cabinet Maker;02/12/99, Issue 5125, p14
Discusses the impact of consumers' demand for discounts on the British furniture market. Views of few consumers about discounts; Standard of after sales services; Argument for disposing retail price list; Need to re-educate consumer on the difference between quality branded furniture and mass...
- Durable Goods Orders Down 1.3% in November. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;12/27/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33439, p2
The article reports on the 1.3% decrease in durable goods orders in the U.S. in November 2010.
- Tearing-Out-Your-Hair Time. Buckley Jr., William F. // National Review;5/19/1997, Vol. 49 Issue 9, p63
The article comments on some of the concerns of consumers in the U.S. as of May 1997. According to the author, everyone has a bitter memory with regards to availing the services offered by a company and when voicing complaints to companies and their services. As an example, the author cited the...
- Malaysian move lifts Courts. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;09/01/2000, Issue 5203, p5
Reports on the increase in the stock price of British furniture company Courts following a listing for a subsidiary on the Malaysian stock market.
- Courts UK dips back into the red. // Cabinet Maker;5/9/2003, Issue 5337, p5
Reports on the financial performance of furniture firm Courts in Great Britain for the year ended March 31, 2003. Operating loss; Operating profits; Increase in sales.