Nets Target South Asians
- MTV Touts Specials, Rebrands College Net. // Multichannel News;1/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p12
Reports on the spring and summer 2004 programming and promotional initiatives of MTV and its move to rebrand College Television Network as mtvU. Details of the television programs to be shown at MTV; Programs to be featured at mtvU as part of its rebranding efforts; Information on the...
- MTVN to Flip Switch On Spike TV. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;7/28/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 30, p32
Reports on MTV Networks Inc.'s cable television network Spike TV. Programs that cable television will broadcast; Launch of two daily programming features; Steps taken for the promotion of network.
- FOR YOU '80s LOVERS, VH1 SERVES UP '70s. Demenchuk, Michael // Multichannel News;8/4/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 31, p20
Reports that cable television network company VH1 has planned to launch the television program 'I Love the '70s,' on its channel during the month of September, 2003. Theme of the program; Celebrities included in the program; Schedule for broadcasting the program.
- MTV Pits Cable Vs. Broadcast in Ratings Game. Lafayette, Jon // Cable World (10427228);9/16/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 34, p38
Provides information on the television broadcast and cable ratings of MTV Networks as of September 16, 2002. Top-rated shows on television among viewers 18 to 49 for the period September 2-9, 2002; Remarks from Betsy Frank, executive vice president of research and planning at MTV Networks;...
- ITV reveals new winter schedule. Yates, Karen // Campaign;11/27/98, Issue 48, p5
Focuses on winter air-time schedule of ITV in 1998. Focus of ITV schedule for winter season; Comedy and drama programs of ITV; Comments from Dave King, broadcast director of Carat.
- BRIEFS. // Cable World (10427228);6/10/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 23, p24
Reports on various issues related to cable television in the U.S. as of June 10, 2003. Primetime programming of CNBC; Wimbledon 2002 coverage by Turner Network Television and CNNfn; Contract renewal for the series 'Queer As Folk.'
- Sex and Marketing. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;6/23/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 25, p18
The article reports on the marketing strategy implemented by cable television network HBO for the launch of the program 'Sex and the City.' From way back, HBO spent heavily on marketing, figuring it was hard enough to get people to pay for basic television and a real leap to have them pay even...
- Sony India gets real. // Daily Variety;01/31/2001, Vol. 270 Issue 43, p16
Reports on plans by Sony Entertainment Television India to concentrate on reality shows. Company's launch of the game show 'Jeeto Chappar Phaad Ke' with a 17-million-dollar budget; Introduction of the reality series 'Survivor' to the local market.
- Salad Days. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;10/13/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 41, p8A
Focuses on daytime programming of cable networks in the U.S. Factors that created a television audience during the daytime; Kinds of shows being presented by cable networks during daytime; Daytime ratings of the cable television industry from, September 23, 2002 to August 24, 2003.