MediaCell Offers Wireless Drop
- PCS over cable--an opportunity for some CATV companies. Young, Harry E. // Telephony;1/30/95, Vol. 228 Issue 5, p70
Discusses cable TV companies testing of their CATV infrastructures as an alternative to cellular in the provision of personal communication services (PCS). CATV advantages; Modification of networks using a hybrid fiber/coax (HFC) cable architecture; Attractiveness of additional possibility of...
- Foreplay Needed for Fourplay. // CableFAX Daily;4/3/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 63, p2
Highlights the results of a survey on wireless services in the U.S., released by CSG. Percentage of the respondents who did not know that cable and DBS companies would offer wireless; Major problems that MSO encounter when convincing consumers to switch over to wireless; Impact of the survey's...
- Cisco, Broadcom wireless gear boost MCI, Sprint MMDS plans. Dawson // Multichannel News;11/01/99, Vol. 20 Issue 45, p47
Reports that a group of companies led by Cisco Systems Inc. and Broadcom Corp. introduced a wireless broadband technology. Impact on MCI WorldCom Inc. and Sprint Communications Co.'s ability to compete with cable television for the broadband services market.
- No Slowdown for High-Speed Internet. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;10/24/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 44, p32
Reports on the growth of broadband Internet services from cable and telephone companies in the U.S. as of October 2005. Background on the business plans of Google; Increase in the application of wireless fidelity systems; Broadband subscribers of various cable television networks.
- DSL, Part III (in which we get back DSL). Gibbs, Mark // Network World;1/30/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p38
This article describes a computer and Internet user's experience with losing and then regaining a Digital Subscriber Line connection with AT&T Corp. He set up a wireless connection to his neighbors that allowed him to piggyback on the latter's cable broadband service. He connected the neighbor's...
- Troubling questions about cable's future. Lafferty // CED;Aug99, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p42
Focuses on the concerns of cable television industry players regarding the future of the broadband industry. Rebuilding of systems as a top priority; Deployment of cable modems; Support for television-based Internet services; Immediate competitive threat to the system.
- TOP 100 MSOS. // CED;Dec2002 Supplement, Vol. 28, p22A
Presents lists of top 100 cable operators. Consolidation in the cable industry; List of firms; Number of homes served.
- ITV MIDDLEWARE REPORT CARD. // CED;Dec2002 Supplement, Vol. 28, p30A
Presents lists of cable television networks product platforms. List of companies; Major application development platform; Operator partners.
- Cable Connections. Rothman, Warren H.; Barker, Jonathan P. // China Business Review;May/Jun99, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p20
Reports that the development of broadband technologies has called into question in China the traditional boundaries that separate voice, video and data transmission services. Estimated total value of China's cable television (CATV) equipment market between 1998 and 2002; Focal points of the...