VCinema Eyes Advanced Box
- THE HISPANIC MARKET. // CED;Dec2002 Supplement, Vol. 28, p16A
Presents charts depicting the kind of consumer electronics found in Hispanic homes. Percentage of homes with broadband cables and other data; Lists of household electronic equipment; Broadband video subscriptions; Hispanic markets.
- Consumers to the Rescue. Kennedy, Michael // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Jun2003, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p10
Comments on the need for the widespread adoption of household broadband services and electronics applications in the U.S. Total household bandwidth requirement; Willingness of consumers to use 100-Megabyte-per-second service.
- Beefing up HFC capacity with switched broadcast tech. Tanner, John C. // Telecom Asia;Jun2003, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p8
Reports on the extension of the service portfolios of cable multiple system operators with hybrid fiber-coax and innovations in digital video compression. Challenges in service introductions on cable system; Improvement in the bandwidth management solutions; Advantages of switched broadcast...
- Personal video recorders stepping out in set-top style. Whitney, Daisy // Electronic Media;8/13/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 33, p18
Reports on the growing popularity of personal video recorders (PVR). Integration of PVR features in set-top boxes; Description of some set-top boxes from different manufacturers.
- Gadgets show IT's future. Briere, Daniel // Network World;2/3/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p39
Highlights consumer gadgets and how it shows the future of information technology (IT). Evidence at the Consumer Electronics Show; PDAs; DVDs; Widescreen TVs; Broadband-enabled homes.
- Getting Plugged In. Rothman, Wilson // Time;1/17/2005, Vol. 165 Issue 3, p68
Examines the hottest trends at the 2005 Consumer Electronic Show. A 102-inch plasma television from Samsung and a 71-inch model from LG Electronics; New technology for flat-panel screens and monitors from Toshiba and Canon; New wireless products including headphones; New camcorders; Broadband on...
- Video industry sales scoreboard. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;08/23/99, Vol. 14 Issue 19, p20
Presents information on the sales performance of consumer electronics industry's home video sector as of August 23, 1999. Includes color television; Videocassette recorders; DVD players.
- How Home Theater Can Open The Disposable Income Floodgates. Schaeffler, Jimmy // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;9/3/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 20, p28
Focuses on the advantages of high-end home theater on consumer electronics industries in the United States. Development of display technologies and devices; Impact of prime video ancillary devices on companies; Features of the speakers and deep-bass sub-woofer.
- No June Swoon For Video Sales. Gerson, Bob // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;07/26/99, Vol. 14 Issue 17, p1
Focuses on the sales performance of video hardware manufacturers and distributors in the United States, for the first half of 1999. Major milestones passed in June 1999; Sales of direct-view color sets, projection television, camcorder sales and direct versatile disc players.