- BRIEFS. // Cable World (10427228);11/11/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 42, p32
Presents updates on the cable television network industry in the U.S. as of November 11, 2002. Career changes among executives at MTV; Job cuts at TechTV; Total number of viewers for the premiere of the television program 'TV Land Legends: The 60 Minutes Interviews.'
- Buyers, Sellers In a Deadlock. Friedman, Wayne; Linnett, Richard // Television Week;6/16/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 25, p4
Reports on the sale of cable television networks in the U.S. as of June 2003. Competition between buyers and sellers; Information on an increase in cable rates; Details of a deal between USA Cable and AOL Time Warner's TNT and TBS networks.
- PEACOCK ENHANCES CABLE STABLE. Schneider, Michael; Dempsey, John; Adalian, Josef // Variety;9/8/2003, Vol. 392 Issue 4, p20
Presents updates on U.S. cable television network NBC Universal as of September 2003. Significance of its decision to add the USA Network and Sci Fi Channel to its holdings; Information on its television programs; Background on its entry into cable television broadcasting.
- NBC Eyes An Island Import. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;8/30/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 35, p1
Reports on the plan of NBC Universal to use programming from its Telemundo TV station in Puerto Rico to create a Spanish-language cable network in the U.S. in 2004. Popularity of the WKAQ-TV, the station targeted by NBC for the plan, in the state; Reaction of David Zaslav, president of NBC...
- MTV Hits Its Demographic. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;11/3/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 44, p18
Focuses on the high ratings of the Sunday Stew programs of MTV cable television network in persons aged 12 to 24 in the U.S. Number of viewers in October 2003; Household rating of "Punk'd" and "Viva La Bam"; Rating of "One Bad Trip."
- Just how far will Logo go? Hernandez, Greg // Advocate;7/6/2004, Issue 918, p62
The late May 2004 announcement that MTV Networks will launch a gay-themed channel called Logo in February 2005 came without much information about what programming the basic-cable service will offer. But even without specifics, Wall Street analysts are bullish on Logo's potential to lure...
- Coming Up Next: A Trio on Steroids. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;2/7/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p29
Presents information on three U.S. startup cable television networks as of February 7, 2005. Logo; ESPNU; Fox Reality.
- Cable gains 1 million homes. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;01/08/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p8
Reports on the rise in the number of cable television subscribers in the United States in 2000. Improved prime-time ratings and viewership of top cable television networks in the country in 2000, according to data gathered by Turner Entertainment Research; Factors possibly attributing to the...
- Military Channel Wins Initial Ratings Battle. Harper, Jennifer // Insight on the News;01/11/99, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p37
Provides information on the Military Channel cable network launched by Vietnam veterans in the United States. Stars seen in the network; Potential viewers of the network; Kind of shows broadcast on the network.