Cable Vet Elander to Leave Microsoft
- Will Eyre's departure herald a downturn for ITV? Reed, Alasdair // Campaign (UK);11/12/99, Issue 45, p18
Features industry leaders' views about Richard Eyre's departure as chief executive of ITV cable television network. Contributions made to the success of the network; Eyre's role in persuading ITV companies to increase program budgets; Challenges facing the network in its search for Eyre's...
- TBS sr. veep Head ankles originals arm. Grego, Melissa // Daily Variety;02/16/2001, Vol. 270 Issue 55, p9
Reports that Jim Head, senior vice president of original programming for TBS Superstation, has resigned from the company to pursue other opportunities. Plans by TBS to eliminate Head's position after his exit; Career background of Head; Employment background of Head with TBS.
- Microsoft is long way from cable takeover. Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;11/10/97, Vol. 16 Issue 46, p3
Focuses on the efforts of Microsoft to enter the cable industry in the United States (U.S). Amount of money company has spent to enter this market; Experts' advice to persons who are worried about Microsoft's takeover of the cable industry; Percentage of market held by the top cable companies...
- Standing up to Microsoft. Mitchell, Russ; Mallory, Maria // U.S. News & World Report;12/22/97, Vol. 123 Issue 24, p37
Discusses how three cable giants issued a pre-emptory declaration of independence from Microsoft in December 1997. Excerpt from the statement, which was given by Leo J. Hindery Jr., chief executive officer of Tele-Communications Inc., at a cable industry convention in California; How Hindery...
- Microsoft Lands First IPG Subs. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;12/16/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 50, p6
Reports that computer company Microsoft Corp. has launched its interactive programming guide (IPG) with the signing of a deal with two Oregon-based cable operators. Cable operators involved in the deal; Utility of Microsoft's IPG; Upgradations proposed for the IPG.
- Little cable impact from Microsoft. Menezes // Multichannel News;11/15/99, Vol. 20 Issue 47, p3
Speculates on the chances of Microsoft Corp.'s broadband cable ambitions in the light of the setback it suffered in its antitrust case. Possible impact of its plans on the cable television industry of the United States; Deployments of platform for digital set-top boxes and cable headends; No...
- Cartoon Network chief leaves to go back to Australia. // Marketing (00253650);9/13/2001, p6
Reports on the resignation of James Greville as head of Cartoon Network UK.
- Berry Nice Knowing Ya. // CableFAX Daily;11/18/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 225, p1
The article reports on the decision of Steve Berry to resign as senior vice president of government relations at the National Cable & Telecommunications Association in the U.S. by the end of 2005.
- GE chief Welch to retire in 2001. Goldsmith, Jill // Variety;11/08/99, Vol. 376 Issue 12, p32
Reveals the plans of Jack Welch to resign as chairman and chief executive officer of cable television network CNBC in April 2001. Professional background of Welch; Speculations as to who will replace Welch.