Capturing the Campaign Spectacle
- Seriously Funny. Grebb, Michael // Multichannel News;12/20/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 51, p30
Discusses the growing popularity of "The Daily Show With Jon Stewart," a television program of cable network Comedy Central. Prominence of the program during the 2004 U.S. presidential election; Distinction of the show from all its competition; Viewership rating of the show.
- ELECTION COVERAGE HITS A SOUR NOTE WITH CRITICS. Hibberd, James // Television Week;1/3/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p24
Discusses the criticisms against the coverage of the U.S. presidential election by cable networks in 2004. Views of Joanne Ostrow of the "Denver Post" on 24-hour cable networks; Information on ratings given to various news programs, including the "The Daily Show With Jon Stewart" on Comedy...
- Comedy Central. // Advertising Age;5/19/2003, Vol. 74 Issue 20, pC26
The article presents a profile on cable television network Comedy Central and its programs as of May 2003. The network continues to connect with young adults through comedy that has been described as provocative, unexpected, surprising and honest. Among its top programs is the "Daily Show With...
- ITV reveals new winter schedule. Yates, Karen // Campaign;11/27/98, Issue 48, p5
Focuses on winter air-time schedule of ITV in 1998. Focus of ITV schedule for winter season; Comedy and drama programs of ITV; Comments from Dave King, broadcast director of Carat.
- BRIEFS. // Cable World (10427228);6/10/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 23, p24
Reports on various issues related to cable television in the U.S. as of June 10, 2003. Primetime programming of CNBC; Wimbledon 2002 coverage by Turner Network Television and CNNfn; Contract renewal for the series 'Queer As Folk.'
- Sex and Marketing. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;6/23/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 25, p18
The article reports on the marketing strategy implemented by cable television network HBO for the launch of the program 'Sex and the City.' From way back, HBO spent heavily on marketing, figuring it was hard enough to get people to pay for basic television and a real leap to have them pay even...
- Sony India gets real. // Daily Variety;01/31/2001, Vol. 270 Issue 43, p16
Reports on plans by Sony Entertainment Television India to concentrate on reality shows. Company's launch of the game show 'Jeeto Chappar Phaad Ke' with a 17-million-dollar budget; Introduction of the reality series 'Survivor' to the local market.
- Salad Days. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;10/13/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 41, p8A
Focuses on daytime programming of cable networks in the U.S. Factors that created a television audience during the daytime; Kinds of shows being presented by cable networks during daytime; Daytime ratings of the cable television industry from, September 23, 2002 to August 24, 2003.
- Cable Nets Offer Super Alternatives. Umsted, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;1/26/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p54
Reports that U.S. cable television networks will offer non-sports fans a series of films, specials and events programmed against the CBS telecast of the Super Bowl game on February 1, 2004. Impact of counter-programming efforts on Super Bowl viewership; Networks involved in the move; Shows...