Prepping for VOD Advertising
- Rentrak Pursues VOD Deals, May Lose Large Retail Client. Gruenwedel, Erik // Video Store Magazine;11/21/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 48, p10
Reports on the broadening of the video-on-demand tracking contracts of Rentrak with Comcast and Insight Communications as of November 2004. Revenue and quarterly income of Rentrak for the third quarter of 2004; Method for surpassing the 50 percent market penetration by the first quarter of 2005...
- Insight Severs Comcast Pact. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;8/2/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 31, p3
Reports on the decision of Insight Communications Co. to terminate a management agreement with Comcast Corp. Overview of the contract; Revenue growth of Insight for the quarter of 2004; Number of additional subscribers of Insight.
- Comcast's NBC news... Cox's sixth ESPN HD market... TWC Ohio does DVR... Insight VOD plays in Peoria... Microsoft's IPG... Brady, Shirley // Cable World (10427228);5/12/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 19, p11
Presents updates on the cable television industry in the U.S. as of May 2003. Improvements in the video-on-demand service of Comcast; Plans of Cox Northern Virginia for the launch of the ESPN high-definition sports channel; Information on the video-on-demand service launched by Insight...
- Launch Pad. // CableFAX Daily;9/23/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 185, p2
The article reports on the launch of PBS Kids Spout network from Comcast on video on demand in the U.S. in April 2005. The network will be launch in 15 million homes. The deals of the network with DirecTV and Insight are also mentioned. The reaction of Brad Fox, senior vice president of sales...
- Rentrak Develops VOD-Report Roster. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;10/10/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 42, p26
Reports on the move of Rentrak Corp. to offer cable programmers access to video-on-demand content in the U.S. in 2005. Overview of cable networks that have enlisted in the service; Information published by Comcast Corp. for its on-demand programs; Features of the Rentrak reports.
- Taking Measure of VOD. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;3/7/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p21
Focuses on a service to be offered by cable company Comcast Corp. which supplies programmers and advertisers with video-on-demand (VOD) usage reports. Importance of the reports to cable operators; Number of VOD titles in the library of Comcast; Involvement of Comcast with Rentrak Corp. in...
- For Insight, VolP's the Next Wave. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;12/15/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 50, p33
Reports on the plan of Insight Communications Co. to introduce a voice-over-Internet protocol telephony service in 2004. Circuit-switched service of Insight in four markets; Estimated circuit-switched customers of Insight; Negotiation between Insight and Comcast concerning their telephony deal.
- Insight Close to Selling Out. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;6/25/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 26, p3
The article reports on selling Insight Communications. The company transferred half of its television subscribers to Comcast and put the remaining portion of the company in auction wherein the bidding process is confidential and dominated by private-equity companies. Meanwhile, these...
- FOR THE RECORD. // Multichannel News;8/25/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 34, p35
Presents notes and events in the multichannel communication industry. Recipients of "The 2003 Accolades" of the Women in Cable & Telecommunications; HDnet channels launched by Insight Communications Co.; Carriage-extension agreement between Comcast Corp. and Home Box Office.