HAWAIIN DREAM COME TRUE
- Pipeline Profile: Jim Chiddix. // CT's Pipeline;10/16/2007, p5
The article profiles Jim Chiddix, vice chairman of OpenTV. Chiddix's recent affiliations are the Symmetricom and Vyyo titles. His vice chairmanship of the OpenTV board was preceded by an earlier, successful stint as chief executive officer (CEO) of that interactive television software company....
- Chiddix in charge. // CED;Jul2004, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p58
Interviews Jim Chiddix, chief executive officer of cable television network OpenTV, about the company. Evolution of video-over-digital subscriber line; Firm's domestic strategy; Introduction of an OpenCable Application Platform OnRamp software.
- OpenTV, Walt Disney Settle ITV Spat. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;7/12/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 28, p10
Reports on the settlement of a patent dispute of OpenTV Corp. with Walt Disney Co. and its subsidiaries American Broadcasting Co. and ESPN networks. Allegations of OpenTV Corp. against Walt Disney; Terms of the settlement between the companies; Comment of Jim Chiddix, chairman of OpenTV Corp....
- Chiddix Sees Potential in Open TV. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;3/29/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 13, p8
Reports on the appointment of Jim Chiddix as executive chairman at OpenTV Corp. Expected contributions of Chiddix to OpenTV; Views of Chiddix on the impact of the acquisition of DirecTV Inc. by News Corp. on OpenTV; Statement of Chiddix on competition in cable TV.
- Ready for iTV's Closeup. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;5/3/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 18, p86
Interviews James Ackerman, CEO of OpenTV, about interactive television (iTV) in the U.S. Reason for cable operators' hesitation to deploy iTV; Application of the BSkyB experience to DirecTV; Reason behind cable operator's implementation of a commerce application.
- What's on your nightstand? // Business NH Magazine;Apr96, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p13
Presents a sampling of books read by CEOs during downtime. Includes `The Fountainhead' and `Atlas Shrugged,' by Ayn Rand; `The Great Game,' by Jack Stack; `Soulmates,' by Thomas Moore.
- Veterans Day. Tombes, Jonathan // Communications Technology;Dec2007, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p6
The article discusses various reports in this issue including one on the case of Jim Chiddix as a Vietnam War veteran and another in which Ronald Brunt drew some comparisons between cable and military work.
- CHIEF EXECUTIVES TURN THE PAGES. Tetzeli, R. // Fortune;6/29/1992, Vol. 125 Issue 13, p14
Discusses various best-selling books that CEOs are currently reading. John Grisham's novels `The Firm,' and `The Pelican Brief'; `Centennial,' by James Michener; `Beyond Entrepreneurship,' by James C. Collins and William C. Lazier; Several other titles.
- CEOs of troubled firms should be brought to book. Mazur, Laura // Marketing (00253650);12/21/2000, p16
Suggests some holiday readings for chief executives of the top marketing firms in Great Britain. 'Value-Added Public Relations: The Secret Weapon of Integrated Marketing,' by Thomas Harris; 'The Value Imperative: Managing for Superior Shareholder Returns'; 'Communicating When Your Company Is...