Big Wind, Big Hearts: Big Cash for Red Cross
- Hell and high water. Weaver, Val // Vegetarian Times;Nov/Dec2005, Issue 336, p4
Focuses on the efforts of the staff of the "Vegetarian Times" periodical to provide assistance to the victims of Hurricane Katrina in the U.S. Gulf Coast by adopting a family and donating to the Red Cross.
- 4-H offering assistance. // Breckenridge American;9/20/2008, p1
The article reports on the collection drive by the Stephens County 4-H for the Red Cross which will be given to the victims of Hurricane Ike. 4-H is accepting cash donations or in kind which includes scouring pads, cleaning towels, liquid laundry detergent, and other cleaning materials....
- Causes and their effects. Joyce, Kathleen M. // Promo;Feb2005, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p2/3
Comments on ways to offer help to the victims of the December 26, 2004 earthquake and tsunami in Asia. Donation in churches; Companies' display of messages on Web sites urging their customers to support the Red Cross, United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund; and other non-profit...
- Industry Aids Tsunami Victims. Sinnock, Bonnie // National Mortgage News;1/10/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 16, p18
Reports on United States and international mortgage companies that have pledged to participate in disaster relief efforts for tsunami victims in South Asia. Donations pledged by Citigroup and Loan Center; Companies that have pledged to help collect aid for the American Red Cross International...
- A WORLD OF HELP. Atlas, Darla; Baker, K. C.; Bard, Adrienne; Bergal, Jenni; Caldwell, Cary; Casey, Kathryn; Dennis, Alicia; Haederle, Michael; Hanson, Jeff; Helling, Steve; Lang, Anne; Mandel, Susan; Minutaglio, Bill; Patoski, Joe Nick; Perra, John; Pienciak, Ryan; Richardson, Shannon; Scully, Sean; Truesdell, Jeff; Adato, Allison // People;9/19/2005, Vol. 64 Issue 12, p82
Presents information on how to donate money or goods to aid hurricane relief efforts. Description of organizations that are taking donations and their contact information.
- How You Can Help. // Jet;9/26/2005, Vol. 108 Issue 13, p28
Presents information about organizations accepting donations to help victims of Hurricane Katrina. Phone numbers and web sites of these organizations, including the American Red Cross, AME Hurricane Relief Fund and others.
- The industry pitches in for hurricane relief. // American Drycleaner (Crain Communications Inc. (MI));Oct2005, Vol. 72 Issue 7, p76
The article reports that dry cleaning industry has quickly responded with charity drives and direct assistance in the wake of Hurricane Katrina. During phase one of the relief effort last month, the Southwest Drycleaners Association collected donations for the American Red Cross. Further,...
- Local Red Cross Tallies $7.5 Million in Firestorm Donations. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;10/18/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 42, p16
Reports on the total individual and corporate donations to wildfires in San Diego County, California according to a report issued from the San Diego/Imperial Counties chapter of the American Red Cross. Individual donations processed by the American Red Cross for wildfire relief operations;...
- British Red Cross to emphasise UK role. Rogers, Emily // Marketing (00253650);2/16/2005, p12
This article reports that the British Red Cross is overhauling its brand identity and positioning as it steps up efforts to remind the British public of the work it does in Great Britain. The overhaul follows concerns that British public views the organisation as too heavily focused on overseas...