What's Right to Roger Ailes Is America
- In an era of instant news gratification. // MediaWeek;9/09/96, Vol. 6 Issue 34, Media Outlook '97 p12
Reports on Roger Ailes' launch of a 24-hour cable news channel as an alternative to the Cable News Network.
- How Roger Ailes Built Fox News Into a Media Powerhouse. Ariens, Chris // Adweek;12/4/2015, p1
The article presents an interview with Roger Ailes, the chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) of television channel Fox News and Adweek Media Visionary for 2015. Ailes discussed how he built the media company into a media powerhouse, what it is like to have the most-watched TV show ever on...
- What strategy should Channel 4 follow? Reid, Alasdair // Campaign;6/4/2004, Issue 23, p12
The departure of a Channel 4 chief executive is less of a shock to the system than it once was. When the channel's founding chief executive, Jeremy Isaacs, made way for Michael Grade more than a decade ago, many worried that the Channel 4 culture, so carefully nourished and protected from...
- News: You decide. McClintock, Pamela // Variety;8/11/2003, Vol. 391 Issue 12, p45
Reports on the success of Fox News Channel under the management of Roger Ailes. Remarks from Ailes on the cable network; List of news that brought success to the network; Information on Ailes' relationship with executive Rupert Murdoch.
- `Localism' in Chinese media context: An examination of a closed circuit community cable system. Yu, Xuejian; Sears, Anne // Journal of Broadcasting & Electronic Media;Spring96, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p208
Describes the structure and program content of Jianglu's closed circuit community cable system in China. Transformation of Chinese mass communication; Localism in the context of Chinese media; Significance of closed circuit community cable systems.
- AXN takes on the world. Osborne, Magz // Ad Age Global;Jul2001, Vol. 1 Issue 11, p9
Reports on the success of AXN cable television channel. Operation of the channel in Asia; Information on the programming of the channel; Marketing efforts of the channel; Plan of the channel to enter the U.S. market.
- Advertising proves to be the big issue for connected TVs. Levy, Katherine // Campaign (UK);6/1/2012, Issue 22, p18
The article discusses the current row between the U.S. cable networks CBS, Fox and NBC and the largest U.S. satellite broadcaster, DISH, over a newly installed DVR feature.
- Ailes to give cable higher profile at NBC. Stern, Christopher // Broadcasting & Cable;9/6/93, Vol. 123 Issue 36, p22
Reports on the appointment of former Republican media strategist and television producer Roger Ailes as president of CNBC. Importance of Ailes' position within NBC; NBC goals for CNBC; Ailes' first job as CNBC president; Other business positions held by Ailes; Political and television...
- Ailes leaving CNBC. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;1/22/96, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p46
Reports on Roger Ailes' resignation as president of the CNBC cable television network.