This Just In
- FAST TRACK. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/16/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 33, p8
Presents news briefs on the TV broadcasting and cable networks in the U.S., as of August 16, 2004. Appointment of Doug Warshaw and John McEnroe at CNBC; Partnership formed by E! Entertainment Television and Kmart; Executive vice president hired by Fox Television Studios.
- PEOPLE. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/13/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 7, p23
Reports on career developments involving employees and executives in the cable television and broadcasting industry in the U.S. as of February 13, 2006. Appointment of John Rieber at E! Entertainment Television; Selection of Scott Bantle at DirecTV; Promotion of Jim Ackerman at VH1.
- THE CABLE VISION. Scanlon, Mavis; Lafayette, Jon // Cable World (10427228);11/11/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 42, p5
Presents updates on U.S. cable television network operator Cablevision Systems as of November 11, 2002. Sale of its Bravo network to NBC; Information on its satellite network; Information on its digital product iO.
- With increased consolidation of the cable industry, will it be harder to raise rates? Matheny, Luke // Electronic Media;06/21/99, Vol. 18 Issue 25, p8
Presents views of cable television industry executives on the effects of consolidation on cable television rates in the United States. Programming opportunities resulting from consolidation; Ease of raising rates.
- FATES AND FORTUNES. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/2/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 18, p24
Presents information on personnel changes in the U.S. television broadcasting industry as of May 2005. Appointment of Neil Baker as senior vice president of advertising sales at E! Networks; Promotion of Claudia Teran to senior vice president at Fox Cable Networks; Appointment of Val Boreland...
- A Touch Of Quality. Clemens, Luis // Multichannel News;6/11/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 24, pA12
The article focuses on Suzanne Kolb, executive vice president of marketing and communications for U.S.-based cable television company E! Entertainment Television Inc. Kolb has successfully given individual identities to E! and Style networks. She adds a touch of quality and class to everything...
- Room at the Top. Petrozzello, Donna // Broadcasting & Cable;02/08/99, Vol. 129 Issue 6, p55
Lists the appointees of several television companies in the United States. Susan Frank as the general manager and executive vice president of Odyssey Entertainment Group; Lynn Deegan as vice president of E! Entertainment Television company; Appointment of Wayne Isaak as executive vice president...
- Tandberg TV buys GoldPocket. Bond, Paul // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;10/18/2005, Vol. 391 Issue 21, p83
This article reports that GoldPocket Interactive Inc., an early player in the still-nascent U.S. interactive television market, agreed to be acquired for $78.5 million by Norway-based Tandberg Television. Tandberg said that it will pay $56.7 million in cash for GoldPocket and an additional $21.8...
- Ambitious Liaisons. Higgins, John M.; McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;02/14/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 7, p24
Focuses on mergers and acquisitions among television broadcasters and cable television companies in the United States. Yahoo!'s acquisition of Broadcast.com; Lycos' plan to buy USA Networks; AT&T Corp.'s plan to buy Cablevision Systems Corp.'s Boston, Massachusetts operations.