Fox Reality Chooses Lyle
- Lawmakers to name Czech TV director. Meils, Cathy // Daily Variety;02/09/2001, Vol. 270 Issue 50, p12
Reports that the Czech government will appoint an interim director for Czech Republic-based television station Czech Television. List of executive candidates for the position; Moral boost of striking Czech TV employees with the arrival of Jim Wilson, director of the international union...
- Televista shifts sales exec. Sutter, Mary // Daily Variety;4/10/2002, Vol. 275 Issue 29, p11
Reports the reshuffling of executives in the Grupo Televista company in Mexico.
- Admira taps Sada to head branding. Hopewell, John // Daily Variety;12/31/2001, Vol. 274 Issue 21, p4
Reports the selection of Gonzalo Sada as director of corporate marketing and brand management at Admira, a film and television subsidiary of Spanish telco Telefonica.
- Mavens on the move. // Variety;5/15/95, Vol. 359 Issue 3, p240
Reports on executive movements in the television industry. Appointment of George Leitner as senior vice president of international networks of Columbia TriStar International; Appointment of Ian Holmes as chairman of the board of the Seven web; Appointment of Tom Wzsalek as senior vice president...
- EXEC SHUFFLE. // Daily Variety;12/14/2001, Vol. 274 Issue 10, p31
Reports the appointment of executives in the television industry in the United States.
- MAVENS ON THE MOVE. // Variety;04/24/2000, Vol. 378 Issue 10, p68
Presents update on the selection and appointment of executives in the television broadcasting industry as of April 2000. Position given to Piersilvio Berlusconi at RTI; Reason behind the decision of Andrew MacBean to quit as chief executive of Itel; Executive appointed by Turner Broadcasting...
- NEW 'MIDDLE' MAN. Adalian, Josef; Schneider, Michael // Daily Variety;08/17/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 53, p1
Reports that Regency Television has appointed Peter Aronson to replace Gail Berman as president of the studio behind hit comedy show 'Malcolm in the Middle.' Career background of Aronson; Management style; Challenges faced by Aronson concerning the station's programming.
- CZECH LAWMAKERS TO TAP TV DIRECTOR. Meils, Cathy // Daily Variety;02/02/2001, Vol. 270 Issue 45, p22
Reports the appointment of the Czech Republic Parliament of an interim director for the troubled pubcaster Czech Television (CTV) in Prague, Czech Republic. Examination of presentations from seven candidates; Protests aimed at the selection of an appropriate candidate; Selection of a 15-member...
- ORF faces competish. Meils, Cathy; Kohl, Christian // Variety;2/11/2002, Vol. 385 Issue 12, p36
Reports on the appointment of Monika Linder as director of ORF, an Austrian public broadcaster and the challenge faced by the company on competition. Her plans as director; Concern of ORF toward the frequency license won by ATV.