Shell Move Stirs Dominoes
- Shell Sees Life In TV Guide Channel. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;5/26/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 21, p12
Presents the view of Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc. chief executive officer Jeff Shell on the prospect of TV Guide Channel. Plan of revamping the channel to provide program information at fifteen minutes before the hour; Retention of viewers by the channel; Progress made by the channel on...
- THE NEXT POWER IN PROGRAMMING. // Television Week;9/15/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 37, p2
Reports on the appointment of Jeff Shell as head of programming of U.S. cable television operator Comcast, as of September 2003. Work experiences; Reason for the move; Brief information on Comcast.
- 'I-Guide' Starts to Roll Out. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;9/20/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 38, p6
This article focuses on I-Guide. It is designed to make it easier for subscribers to navigate both linear and on-demand programming. Comcast Corp., which developed the "I-Guide" with Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc., through their joint venture, recently began testing the new IPG on a few...
- CNNfn prexy Coffey resigns. Bernstein, Paula // Daily Variety;01/18/2001, Vol. 270 Issue 34, p9
Reports on the resignation of Shelby Coffey II as chief executive officer of CNNfn cable television network. Reasons for the resignation.
- CNN's Johnson Steps Down. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;7/2/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 27, p30
Cable News Network (CNN) chairman and CEO Tom Johnson announced his retirement Thursday, telling staffers in a memo that he wanted to spend more time with his family in California. CNN, which didn't name a successor, will be run by CNN News Group chief news executive Eason Jordan and network...
- Eyre calls for outsider to fill chief's role at ITV. Dignam, Conor // Marketing (00253650);11/4/1999, p1
Reports on ITV cable television network outgoing chief executive officer Richard Eyre's view that an outsider should be recruited to replace him. Reason for Eyre's resignation; Negotiation with ITV bosses on Eyre's resignation date.
- Eyre's move to Pearson is good for UK commercial TV--and him. Snoddy, Raymond // Marketing (00253650);11/4/1999, p18
Comments on ITV cable television network chief executive officer Richard Eyre's resignation. Decision by Eyre to move to Pearson Television; Implications of Eyre's resignation on commercial television in Great Britain.
- Eyre leaves tough targets for his ITV replacement to hit. Digham, Conor // Marketing (00253650);11/4/1999, p21
Comments on the impact of ITV cable television network chief executive officer Richard Eyre's resignation. Decision to become head of Pearson TV; Achievements that changed the tone of the network's relationship with advertisers.
- What strategy should Channel 4 follow? Reid, Alasdair // Campaign;6/4/2004, Issue 23, p12
The departure of a Channel 4 chief executive is less of a shock to the system than it once was. When the channel's founding chief executive, Jeremy Isaacs, made way for Michael Grade more than a decade ago, many worried that the Channel 4 culture, so carefully nourished and protected from...