A YEAR IN THE PENALTY BOX
- Sagging Cable Stocks Get Welcome Lift. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;10/09/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 41, p38
Reports on the rise in the prices of some United States cable television stocks between September 28 and October 4, 2000. Adelphia Communications Corp.; Charter Communications Inc.; Cox Communications; Comcast; Cablevision Systems Corp.
- Digital simulcast entering the next phase. // CED;Apr2005, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p8
Discusses the idea behind cable industry's migration to an all-digital platform in the United States. Cable operators' plans for the transition with digital simulcast; Charter Communications Inc.'s digital simulcast deployment; Digital simulcast plans of Adelphia Communications Corp. and Cox...
- WHAT A RELIEF. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;12/22/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 51, p1
Reports on the increase in stock prices of several multiple system operators in the cable television industry of the U.S. during year 2003. Percentage of increase in stock prices; Stock price of Charter Communications Inc.; Stock performance of Cox Communications Inc.
- L.A. Tweaks Program-Access Bill. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;4/7/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 14, p28
Regulators in Los Angeles, California have narrowed the scope of the proposal designed to prevent cable operators from forging exclusive regional programming agreements, but systems still vehemently oppose the so-called open program-access ordinance. Operators expressed fears over the spread of...
- Ops Extend Brand to Stores, Kiosks. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;7/23/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p14A
Reports on cable television operators' use of outlets to sell digital cable, high-speed Internet access and other wares in the United States. Branded stores operated by Cox Communications Inc. and Adelphia Communications Corp.; Small-kiosk approach of Comcast Corp.
- Retain Is the Name of This Digital Game. Applebaum, Simon // Multichannel News;7/15/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 28, p6
Focuses on the methods used by cable operators on increasing competitive digital multichannel environment in Boston, Massachusetts. Winners of the Customer Retention Case Study competition; Citation on projects of Adelphia Communications Corp. and Cox Communication Inc. by the Cable &...
- More Cable Operators Increase Their Rates. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;01/22/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p3
Reports on the pending rate increases of United States cable television operators, the Charter Communications Inc. and Adelphia Communications Corp. Markets where Adelphia will raise prices; Adelphia's direct-mail promotion of its discounted service bundles under the 'Adelphia Advantage' program.
- Stocks Bounce Back, with Charter's Help. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;08/07/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 32, p3
Focuses on the recovery of cable television companies in the United States following a tailspin before the week of August 7, 2000. Impact of the revenue generating units of Cox Communications; Percentage increase in the earnings of Charter Communications.
- A Good Week for Kids as Three Cable Initiatives Get Promoted. Brady, Shirley // Cable World (10427228);1/20/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p10
Reports on the child-centered initiatives taken by cable operators Cox Communications, Charter Communications and the History Channel as of January 20, 2003. Deal signed by Cox with Connecting with Kids Network; Campaign of the History Channel at middle and high schools; Mission of Charter's...