Hospitals vary in treatment and disclosure of Y2K cures
- See you in court. Morrissey, John // Modern Healthcare;11/16/98, Vol. 28 Issue 46, p26
Warns healthcare systems about the damages of the year 2000 problem (Y2K) if they do not prepare for its consequences. Millennium scenario; How most hospitals perceive and treat the Y2K threat; Findings of a survey on how hospitals are dealing with the Y2K problem. INSETS: Liability for legal...
- Congress still skeptical about health care's Y2K-readiness. Weinstock, Matthew // AHA News;05/03/99, Vol. 35 Issue 17, p6
Highlights the concerns of legislators and federal regulators in the United States regarding the readiness of the health care industry for the year 2000 date conversion problem (Y2K). Comments from Representative Fred Upton regarding the readiness of Medicare providers; Result of a survey about...
- Y2K efforts must include hospitals with limited resources, leaders say. Weinstock, Matthew // AHA News;10/12/98, Vol. 34 Issue 40, p1
Discusses the impact of the Year 2000 computer problem on hospitals. Resources in the form of information sharing; Development of an action plan for year 2000 date conversion compliance; Recommendations to relieve the financial burden of hospitals in testing medical devices.
- Oy Vay, Y2K! Serb, Chris // Trustee;Oct98, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p14
Comments on the impact of the year 2000 compliance problem on hospitals. Need for hospital to a strategic planning process; Comments from Ernie Ellis, year 2000 project manager for Meridian Health System; View that the year 2000 problem should be treated as a business problem; Reference to the...
- Tick, tock, tick, tock... Whitford, Marty // Hotel & Motel Management;02/01/99, Vol. 214 Issue 2, p25
States that time is running out for hotels to achieve Year 2000 compliance. Comments from several information technology officers; Estimated cost of getting hotels' accounting and telephone systems in compliance.
- Suppliers help hotels complete Y2K compliance puzzle. Whitford, Marty // Hotel & Motel Management;03/01/99, Vol. 214 Issue 4, p54
Focuses on the Year 2000 (Y2K) compliance programs of hotels. Account about the effect of Y2K; Insights from some executives; How to find out what hotel systems are Y2K compliant.
- The Clock's Ticking. Weinstock, Matthew // AHA News;06/07/99, Vol. 35 Issue 22, p4
Provides brief updates on the preparations of health organizations and hospitals in the United States for the year 2000 (Y2K) computer bug. Information on the Health Care 2000 Toolkit used by Georgia Hospital Association; List of HCFA/Rx200 workshops; Information on Y2K liability legislation.
- The Clock's Ticking. Cys, Jane // AHA News;09/06/99, Vol. 35 Issue 35, p4
Provides an update on issues related to the year 2000 (Y2K) computer problem at hospitals in the United States as of September 1999. Web site about the Y2K readiness of states; Report from the President's Council on the Year 2000 Conversion about the Y2K readiness of the health care sector;...
- Not a sneeze from hospitals' computers. Barkholz, David // Crain's Detroit Business;01/10/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p21
Discusses the smooth transition to the year 2000 of the computer systems used by Michigan's hospital companies. Detroit Medical Center's preparations for the Y2K computer crisis; Investments made in computer upgrades and contingency plans; Senior management's role in the transition to the year...