Results of negotiated sales
- Economist adds it up for states: Tight spending + taxes = low yields. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;01/26/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30317, p3
Focuses on the results of a study showing that the most favorable general obligation yields for municipal bonds go to states that do not like to spend money but know where to get some. Average savings on yields by deficit-free states; Attitude by investors to expenditure caps; Comment by James...
- Visible supply by state. // Bond Buyer;06/07/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30656, p29
Presents a chart reflecting state municipal bond issuance in the United States as of June 7, 1999. Includes Connecticut; Delaware; Maine; Massachusetts.
- Tennessee, Milwaukee Downgrades Unlikely to Affect Demand. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;08/21/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30958, p7
Reports on the downgrading of Tennessee and Milwaukee's ratings as of August 2000. Reasons why the two government's ratings were downgraded; Implications for the municipal bond market.
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. Williams, Rochelle; Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;10/20/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31000, p31
Presents news briefs pertaining to municipal bonds and public finance in the Far West as of October 20, 2000. Anchorage School District's proposed budgets in preparation for a statewide ballot initiative; Laurie Weir's appointment as California Debt Limit Allocation Committee's administrator.
- LARGEST ISSUES: January 2001. // Bond Buyer;02/01/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31068, p34
Lists the largest municipal bond issues in the United States in January 2001.
- BOND SALES BY STATE: January. // Bond Buyer;02/01/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31068, p35
Presents statistics reflecting the sale of municipal bonds by state in the United States in January 2001.
- Rise in Issuance Will Trigger Increased Federal Revenue Loss. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;04/10/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31115, p6
Reports that the tax exemption for the interest paid on all municipal bonds will cost the federal government an estimated 27.9 billion dollars in fiscal 2002 in the United States. Losses in public purpose bonds; Cost of municipal debt.
- Governors give debt plans: Schools, roads, environment. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;01/14/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30558, p30
Discloses the plans of new governors in Alabama, Florida, Georgia and South Florida for their respective states' bond financing for 1999. Georgia's Roy Barnes' placing of his bond request in the state's mid-year budget; Florida's Jeb Bush's push for an environmental bond bill; South Carolina's...
- Municipal bond elections. Tracey, Yvonne; Roggio, Lillian // Bond Buyer;03/08/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30844, p22
Reports the results of municipal bond elections in United States as of March 2000. Includes bond value in Lakeville, Minnesota; Boca Raton, Florida; Fort Lauderdale, Florida; Highland Beach, Florida; West Palm Beach, Florida; Douglas, Massachusetts; Sapulpa Public SD, Oklahoma; Auburn SD,...
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. Sigo, Shelly; DeSue, Tedra; Floyd, Daniel // Bond Buyer;07/20/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30936, p27
Presents news briefs pertaining to municipal bonds and public finance in the United States as of July 20, 2000. Alabama State Treasurer Lucy Baxley's plan to run for the lieutenant governor's seat in 2002; Consensus Estimating Conference's revision of the estimated property tax rolls and...