Good yield, low risk: Have taxable munis finally arrived?
- Bond issuers will be sitting pretty even if recession strikes, analysts say. Ulick, Jake // Bond Buyer;07/07/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30429, p34
Reports that municipal bond insurers in the United States are confident that they will be able to weather the next recession. Absence of defaults in the municipal bond markets even during a downturn; Rationale behind Berkshire Hathaway Inc.'s acquisition of General Re Corp.; Effects of falling...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, March 20. // Bond Buyer;03/20/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30852, p2
Presents information on the municipal bond market in the United States as of March 20, 2000. Includes municipal bond deals; Economic indicators.
- Second-quarter turnaround dissected by fund managers. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;07/15/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30187, p1
Focuses on the turnaround of municipal bond funds in the American market since the start of the second quarter of 1997. Yield on the 30-year Treasury bond; Long bond's drop to 6.78%; Dow Jones industrial average; Dormant inflation; Economy's signs of moderation; Portfolio managers' optimism over...
- From the TM3 wire. Gallo, Pete; Nicholson, Jonathan // Bond Buyer;01/09/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30307, p2
Presents developments in the municipal bond market and the economy in general in the United States as of January 8, 1998. J.P. Morgan & Co.'s winning bid for the Alabama Water Pollution Control Authority bond deal; US Federal Reserve governor Laurence Meyer's anticipation of an economic...
- From the TM3 wire. Rannazzisi, Julie; Nicholson, Jonathan; Graney, Brian // Bond Buyer;01/14/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30310, p2
Presents developments related to the municipal bond market and the economy in general in the United States as of January 13, 1998. Planned $290 million offering by the Brazos River Authority in Texas; Decline in real weekly earnings of workers in December 1997; US Treasury Secretary Robert...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Sanchez, Humberto; Floyd, Daniel F.; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;03/30/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31108, p2
Presents news briefs concerning the United States economy and the municipal bond market, as of March 30, 2001. Drop in number of first-time applications for state unemployment benefits; Rise in the 2000 fourth-quarter gross domestic product; U.S. Treasury Department's completion of a debt...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, June 18. // Bond Buyer;6/19/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31163, p2
Presents information on the municipal bond market in the United States as of June 18, 2001.
- Municipals' rise undeterred by volatile treasuries, slow trading. Showalter, Monica // Bond Buyer;02/01/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30569, p2
Reports on the performance of the municipal bond market in the United States as of January 1999. Growth of the domestic economy; Positive ratio of bids to offers; Planned sale of several large negotiated issues; Bidding results for Central Puget Sound's bonds.
- California gets strong bids for GOs; other deals get uneven reception. Showalter, Monica // Bond Buyer;04/08/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30615, p2
Reports on developments related to municipal bonds in the United States as of April 8, 1999. Includes California's sale of general obligation (GO) and GO refunding bonds; Municipal bond issues in Florida.
- Results of negotiated sales. Tracey, Yvonne; Roggio, Lillian // Bond Buyer;04/08/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30615, p16
Presents information on the results of negotiated sales of municipal bonds in the United States as of April 8, 1999. Includes names of bond issuers; Due dates; Amounts; Reoffered rates.