APPA opposes IOU-affiliated grids
- I Like Big Grids. Bush, Rick // Transmission & Distribution World Exclusive Insight;6/20/2013, p8
The article features Terry Boston, chief executive officer (CEO) of wholesale market and regional transmission organization Pennsylvania-New Jersey-Maryland (PJM), and president of GO 15, an organization with 16 of the world's largest power grid operators as members. He talks about need for...
- Saving tax-exempt status is high on muni utility association's busy agenda. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;06/16/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30415, p4
Reports that the American Public Power Association has adopted a series of legislative and regulatory priorities. Tax-exempt status of municipal utilities' bonds; Cities' rights to provide telecommunication services; Blocking of mergers between large investor-owned utilities.
- APPA advises against privatization of PMAs. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;06/25/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30670, p4
Reports stance of the American Public Power Association on the privatization of federal power marketing administrations (PMA) in the United States. Impact of PMA privatization on electric utility industry competition; Relevance of local power provided by the PMA to consumers and communities;...
- APPA warns against market abuse in deregulation. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;05/07/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30636, p5
Presents the American Public Power Association's warning on the consequences on smaller utilities of the electricity market deregulation. Need for the federal government to have the authority to curb market concentration; Ways of exercising market power; Includes lawsuits launched by bigger...
- APPA urges moratorium on mergers, but utilities call it anti-competitive. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;04/08/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30368, p6
Discloses the American Public Power Association's (APPA) call for federal regulators to impose a two-year moratorium on mergers between big investor-owned electric utilities in the United States. Possible negative impact of mergers on municipal utilities; Uncertainty over the slated...
- APPA won't seek high court ruling. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;04/09/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30616, p5
Reports on the decision of the American Public Power Association and the city of Abilene, Texas, not to ask the United States Supreme Court to rule that the city should be able to offer telecommunications service despite the state's opposition. Outcome of the lawsuit filed against the Federal...
- APPA meeting focuses on new competition. // Electric Light & Power;Sep94, Vol. 72 Issue 9, p20
Reports on the 1994 American Public Power Association (APPA) conference in Chicago, Illinois. Focus of the conference; Necessity of industry view; Issues.
- Utilities need telecommunications plan now. Stein, Hank // Electric Light & Power;Sep94, Vol. 72 Issue 9, p38
Looks at the telecommunications issues tackled in the 1994 American Public Power Association conference in Chicago, Illinois. Matching of business plan with market needs; Staff involvement; Political considerations.
- Electric Co-ops Sponsor Relief Fund for Co-op Members in Black Forest Fire. // Transmission & Distribution World Exclusive Insight;6/26/2013, p1
The article reports that the electric cooperatives planning to help the homes and business of the Mountain View Electric Association (MVEA) that were affected by the Black Forest Fire in Colorado Springs, Colorado, can donate money to the Colorado Rural Electric Association/Black Forest Fire Fund.