Mayor plans to privatize NYC airports
- New York City airports prepare for the future. Gilbert, Gordon A. // Business & Commercial Aviation;Sep95, Vol. 77 Issue 3, p32
Reports that New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani commissioned a study on the future of New York City's John F. Kennedy and La Guardia airports. Efforts to gain control of the airports from the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey.
- New York to privatize LGA, JFK. Rimmer, David // Business & Commercial Aviation;Feb2000, Vol. 86 Issue 2, p24
Reports on proposals to privatize the La Guardia Airport and the John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York City.
- Airport activity (1993 vs 1994). // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);4/3/95, Vol. 42 Issue 14, 1995 LI Almanac p14
Presents a chart comparing the activities of the John F. Kennedy International Airport and the LaGuardia Airport in New York City in 1993 and 1994. Plane movements; Revenue cargo; Revenue mail; Passenger traffic.
- Missing links. Fiorino, Frances // Aviation Week & Space Technology;6/12/1995, Vol. 142 Issue 24, p33
Reports that the port authority of New York and New Jersey will be issuing revised recommendations on improving passenger access to John F. Kennedy International and La Guardia airports. Use of new technologies collectively known as Automated Guideway Transit.
- More Security Checks for JFK/LGA. // Business & Commercial Aviation;Sep2002, Vol. 91 Issue 3, p49
Reports the demand for fingerprint and criminal history checks of the workers of Kennedy Airport (JFK) or La Guardia Airport (LGA) in New York City. Emphasis on security checkpoints of passenger concourses; Requirement binding between the legislation and the states; Business operations of JFK...
- Airport activity (1993 vs. 1992). // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);4/4/94, Vol. 41 Issue 14, Long Island Almanac 1994 p14
Presents a comparison of 1993 and 1992 air traffic statistics for Kennedy and LaGuardia airports in New York City. Plane movements; Passenger traffic; Revenue mail; Revenue cargo; Ground activities.
- Airport projects up in air. Lentz, Philip // Crain's New York Business;02/09/98, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p1
Looks at the construction and financing of the La Guardia and John F. Kennedy (JFK) International airports, being threatened by the campaigning of Mayor Rudy Giuliani to take control. Comments from Richard Anderson, president of the New York Building Congress; Number of jobs that are provided by...
- They Love New York. Flint, Perry // Air Transport World;Nov2007, Vol. 44 Issue 11, p60
The article presents several primary commercial airports that serves in New York which include the John F. Kennedy International Airport, LaGuardia and Newark. It highlights the move of U.S. President George W. Bush to convey information to the Department of Transportation and Federal Aviation...
- A brighter future. Martin, David // Travel Agent;1/2/95, Vol. 273 Issue 12, p43
Reports on the improvement projects in the three metropolitan airports in New York. Approval of $16 million for John F. Kennedy International's international arrivals building; Construction of a skylit atrium at La Guardia; Completion date for the monorail service at Newark. INSETS: Changes at...