Pennsylvania judge shoots down state appeal of AUH-West ruling
- Tenet closes 8-hospital AHERF deal. Hensley, Scott // Modern Healthcare;11/16/98, Vol. 28 Issue 46, p3
Reports on the completion of Tenet Healthcare Corporation's purchase of eight Philadelphia, Pennsylvania-area hospitals and the Allegheny University of the Health Sciences from Allegheny Health Education and Research Foundation (AHERF). Financial status of AHERF; Business priorities of Tenet;...
- Tenet Healthcare's acquisition of eight hospitals, Allegheny University faces uphill battle. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Nov98, Vol. 52 Issue 11, p20
Reports on Tenet Healthcare Corp.'s acquisition of eight Philadelphia, Pennsylvania-area hospitals and Allegheny University of the Health Sciences from the Allegheny Health, Education and Research Foundation. Purchase price; Reorganization of Allegheny University's assets.
- Bankruptcy judge OKs Tenet bid for AHERF properties. Asplund, Jon // AHA News;10/05/98, Vol. 34 Issue 39, p6
Reports that Tenet Healthcare Corp. will buy the bankrupt Allegheny Health, Education and Research Foundation (AHERF). Terms of the deal; Plan of Tenet to capitalize the Allegheny University of the Health Sciences as a not-for-profit entity; Bidders for the AHERF facilities.
- Drexel will not run AHERF Med school; Tenet deal at risk. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;10/14/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30499, p1
Focuses on the refusal of Drexel University's board of trustees to manage the Allegheny University of the Health Sciences in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania for Tenet Healthcare Corp. Implication of the decision on the deal between Tenet and Allegheny Health Education & Research Foundation;...
- State officials fear Pittsburgh-area AHERF hospitals face bankruptcy. Asplund, Jon // AHA News;12/14/98, Vol. 34 Issue 46, p6
Focuses on bankruptcy faced by Allegheny Health, Education and Research Foundation (AHERF) hospitals in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Information on the appointment of William Scharffenberger to oversee AHERF; Creditors' claims against AHERF executives; Details on the investigations to be conducted...
- AHERF's Philly hospitals to go up for auction. Hensley, Scott // Modern Healthcare;08/17/98, Vol. 28 Issue 33, p12
Reports that on September 29, 1998, Allegheny Health, Education and Research Foundation's eight insolvent hospitals in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, will go on the auction block in the United States Bankruptcy Court in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Bidding made by Tenet Healthcare Corp.; Lawsuit filed...
- AHERF hospitals draw no new bids by Friday deadline. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;09/28/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30487, p1
Reports on the lack of new bids for the Allegheny Health Education and Research Foundation's hospitals in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania area. Decision of Tenet Health Care Corp. not to continue with its planned bid for the hospitals; Bid by Vanguard Health System; Potential bids from MBIA...
- Creditors receive only $44 million from Tenet's purchase of AHERF. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;04/01/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30611, p56
Reports that net proceeds from the sale of Allegheny Health, Education, and Research Foundation's Philadelphia, Pennsylvania-area hospital has amounted to only $44.4 million. Results of a bankruptcy hearing; Expenses on the sale of the hospital.
- Allegheny Health System announces cutbacks. // AHA News;10/20/97, Vol. 33 Issue 41, p5
Reports that the Allegheny Health Education and Research Foundation has announced cutbacks in its hospital operations in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.