Piedmont Power's warm reception turns some heads
- South Carolina's Piedmont Power Readies $50M Variable-Rate Sale. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;5/29/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31396, p5
Reports on the issuance of variable-rate revenue bonds by the Piedmont Municipal Power Agency. Proceeds of the deal; Marketing agent of the deal; Financial adviser of the deal.
- Bond Ballots Beaten. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;4/7/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32356, p33
The article reports on the approval by Anchorage Alaska voters regarding the 1.9 million dollars bond for fire department equipment and a 44.2 million dollars bond for road and drainage projects.
- San Antonio Utility Selling Nearly $400M in New Money. Alabenese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/7/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32439, p40
The article reports that San Antonio City Public Services in Texas will sell $393.5 million tax-exempt new-money bonds on August 9, 2006. Proceeds from the sale will be used to fund projects for the electric and gas utility, including a coal-fired generating plant. The deal's lead manager is...
- Financial Advisers Fill Big Boots in Texas Bond World. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/21/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31329, p7
Reports that the tradition of using services of financial advisers (FA) for bond deals has helped Texas' issuers come to terms with people and need for infrastructure and other public services. Reliance on services of FAs by issuers; Reason to seek the help of FAs for a bond deal; Significance...
- Detroit Readies Water and Sewer Deals Amid State Takeover Bid. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;11/08/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30764, p1
Reports on the plans of Detroit's water system to issue water and sewer revenue bonds for its capital improvement plan despite a legislative battle over the control of its water system. Arguments of the suburban lawmakers regarding the management of the system; Reason behind the opposition...
- LONG-TERM BONDS:. // Bond Buyer;3/4/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31336, p49
Presents a chart of long-term bonds issued in the months of January and February 2002 in the U.S. Dollar volume of bonds of various public service departments; Number of issues released in each category; Comparison of the figures with those of 2001.
- Piedmont power cut. Reisman, Micheal // Bond Buyer;10/04/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30739, p2A
Reports on Moody's Investors Service's downgrading of North Carolina's Piedmont Municipal Power Agency's revenue bonds.
- The dissolution of Sam Rayburn: News of plan encourages investors. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;11/23/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30774, p1
Reports on Texas-based utility Sam Rayburn Municipal Power Agency's consideration of a dissolution plan as a way of restructuring its bonds and meet its debt payment obligations. Impact of news about the dissolution plan on the agency's bond price; Preparation of a proposal by PaineWebber Inc.;...
- Palm Beach County Urged to Delay Contract After Scandal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/2/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33053, p4
The article reports that the Commission of Palm Beach County, Florida, is being urged to delay approval of contract by Spectrum Municipal Services Inc., a local financial advisory firm, in light of a series of alleged bond-related misdeeds that led to the resignation of one commissioner and a...