NABL selects William Larsen as director of governmental affairs
- NABL Committee Nominates New Officers and Board Members. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;8/31/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31215, p5
Reports on the nomination of officers and board members by the five-member committee of the National Association of Bond Lawyers (NABL) in the United States. Details on the terms of the officers; Approval of the nomination by the members of the NABL; Enumeration of nominees and board members...
- NABL Reaffirms Opinion. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;2/18/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31574, p1
Reports that National Association of Bond Lawyers has reaffirmed its support for the use of unqualified bond opinions in the municipal market. Modifications in the basis under which a bond lawyer can conclude that one can render an unqualified opinion; Explanation of bond opinions.
- Panelists Key in on Derivatives Disclosure, Rule G-37. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;9/19/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31723, p4
Reports on the topics discussed during the National Association of Bond Lawyers' Bond Attorneys' Workshop in Chicago, Illinois. Discussion on derivatives disclosures; Effects of the generally accepted accounting principles on audit options; Need for lawyers in bond offerings to obtain...
- Federal Officials Asked to ID Themselves at Sessions. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;9/22/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31724, p4
Focuses on the efforts of the moderators of the National Association of Bond Lawyers' Bond Attorney' Workshop to identify federal officials present in Chicago, Illinois. Prevention of bond lawyers from inadvertently tipping off topics for future investigation; Permission of attendees to have...
- NABL Reviews Opinion. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;12/19/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31040, p1
No abstract available.
- Ballard Spahr's Linda Schakel Tapped as Next Year's President. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;9/23/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31476, p5
Reports the election of officers of the National Association of Bond Lawyers (NABL) in the U.S. Selection of Linda B. Schakel as president of the association; Election of board of directors; Affiliation of directors.
- NABL calls for guidance on electronic bidding, Web sites. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;11/16/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30769, p5
Reports on the National Association of Bond Lawyers' adoption of an annual business plan. Development of guidance on legal and other issues from electronic bidding of municipal bond issues; Identification of issues from primary and secondary market disclosures; Drafting of a position paper.
- Plain English OS's Get Mixed Reactions at NABL Meeting. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;05/15/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30891, p5
Reports on mixed reactions received by efforts to write official statements in plain English at the May 2000 National Association of Bond Lawyers annual seminar. Municipal market's interest in the plain-English movement; United States Securities and Exchange Commission's campaign for corporate...
- NABL Releases Bold Plan to Shift Liability Away From Bondholders. Kinnander, Ola; Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;11/29/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31274, p1
Reports on the proposal of the National Association of Bond lawyers to change municipal bond enforcement in the U.S. Impact of the proposal on bondholders liability for tax violations; Implications of the proposal on responsibility of issuers for tax law compliance; Plans for initiation of a...