Gorton-Kerrey bill would go a long way in protecting tax-exempts
- New bill provides utilities with three options for handling debt. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;06/18/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30417, p5
Reports on Senator Slade Gorton's introduction of a bill protecting the tax-exempt status of municipal utilities' debt in the United States. Three choices that a public power systems can use in treating their debt when utilities start competing; Reaction of the public power community regarding...
- Together again. Howard, L.; Cerio, G. // Newsweek;1/14/1991, Vol. 117 Issue 2, p6
Asserts that Nebraska Senator Bob Kerrey and actress Debra Winger were together again for the holidays, vacationing in Paris between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Also notes that some believe the Winger connection is beneficial for Kerrey's career.
- Stripping off the straitjacket. Alter, J. // Newsweek;12/2/1991, Vol. 118 Issue 23, p29
Comments on recent incidents and speeches in reference to the 1992 presidential campaign and states that any seemingly unscripted, offhand comment or joke is seen as `revealing,' while any prepared speech is viewed as contrived. Media attention Sen. Bob Kerrey's offensive joke about lesbians...
- Roman Catholic tastes. Birnbaum, Jesse // Time;2/20/1995, Vol. 145 Issue 7, p83
Comments on Senator Bob Kerrey's embarrassment after finding out that, although he had been receiving Communion in the Roman Catholic Church for more than a year, it was against church rules because he is Protestant.
- Quote of the week. // Human Events;2/16/96, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p1
Presents a quote from US Senator Bob Kerrey asserting that President Bill Clinton is a good liar.
- Looking back at Vietnam. Galloway, J.L. // U.S. News & World Report;7/15/91, Vol. 111 Issue 3, p28
Presents an interview with Sen. Bob Kerrey (D-Neb.), who received the Medal of Honor for his service as a Navy SEAL in the Vietnam War, and recently returned from his second visit in two years. Considers such subjects as, among others, life in Vietnam, what should be done and prospects for...
- Bob Kerrey's odyssey. Boyer, P.J. // Vanity Fair;Jan92, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p98
Follows the presidential campaign of Senator Bob Kerrey of Nebraska. How his Vietnam experience changed his life; His relationship with actress Debra Winger; His years as Nebraska Governor; His restaurant career; Kerrey's political message .
- Primed for combat. Hubbard, K.; Kramer, L. // People;11/25/91, Vol. 36 Issue 20, p151
Profiles Nebraska's former governor and freshman Democratic Senator Bob Kerrey, 48, who's running for President of the United States. Kerrey is a Vietnam veteran who co-owns several Nebraska restaurants and health clubs. Background; Personal life; Politics; Unconventionality.
- The Kerrey conundrum. Hackett, G.; Bingham, C. // Newsweek;4/9/1990, Vol. 115 Issue 15, p22
Profiles Nebraska Senator Bob Kerrey, 46. Kerrey's performance as a politician; Statements from friends and co-workers; How Kerrey can connect emotionally with audiences, both in person and on television; Relationship with actress Debra Winger; How, ultimately, he will have to decide whether he...