Proposed South Carolina bill offers generous portion of school GOs
- Proposed amendment could help Ohio lower costs of school debt. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;01/22/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30563, p6
Discusses the proposal of a constitutional amendment in Ohio which will allow the state to issue general obligation bonds for school construction. Governor Bob Taft's announcement that the bond proposal will be one of his top priorities in 1999; Estimated value of the state's school...
- Buffalo, N.Y., Awaits State Approval for $180M School Bond Deal. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;6/25/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31664, p3
New York officials are expecting the New York State Education Department to put its stamp of approval on a $180 million school bond deal, permitting the long-anticipated deal, which is part of a $1 billion citywide program, to proceed this summer and close as soon as next month. The deal comes...
- Idaho Schools to Face Sate in Latest Round of Court Battle. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;12/2/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31772, p3
Reports on the legal dispute between Idaho school districts and the state government over the financing of school facilities. Effect of the dispute on the issuance of school bonds; Financial assistance currently received by school districts from the state; Laws relevant to the conflict.
- School Bond Plan Shelved as Calif. Session Ends. Keller, Bess // Education Week;9/26/2001, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p22
Reports that California legislators have shelved a referendum for a school bond plan. Allocation of government funds for the construction of school buildings; Expansion of aid to low-performing schools; Extension of time before the state intervenes such schools.
- Voters Send Varied Signals in Local Races. Gewertz, Catherine // Education Week;11/13/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p3
Reports how citizens in various parts of the U.S., through their voting patterns in 2002 elections displayed their policy choice and issue related the educational programs and proposals of their state. Defeat of a proposed school bond issue in Cincinatti, Ohio; Victory of two major school bonds...
- The Federal Role in School Finance Reform. Reischauer, Robert D.; Hartman, Robert W.; Sullivan, Daniel J. // Education Digest;Oct1973, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p2
This article focuses on the federal role in school finance reforms in the U.S. Numerous commissions, advisory councils, and study groups have been established to help define the pertinent problems and to suggest possible solutions to school finance problems in the U.S. The first of these was a...
- Edwards Restores Funds To Education Budget. K. G. // Education Week;2/25/1987, Vol. 6 Issue 22, p10
The article reports on the intention of Louisiana Governor Edwin W. Edwards to reinstate the multi-million dollar funds to the state's education budget in 1987. The concept of fund restoration was done through refinancing the state general-obligation bonds. The governor stressed that such action...
- voices. Morrison, Marilyn; Fry, Nick; Platt, Tom; Fellows, Mike // Missoula Independent;10/29/2015, Vol. 26 Issue 44, p4
No abstract available.
- Ky. Elects New Schools Chief; Oregon Districts Pass Levies. H. A.; P. C.; T. M.; S. R. // Education Week;11/16/1983, Vol. 3 Issue 11, p8
The article reports on developments related to education and state. Martha Layne Collins was elected as the new governor and Alice McDonald as the new superintendent of public instruction in Kentucky. A levy to support the current district budget in Oregon urge the reopening of the Oaklea Middle...