Alaska Airport sale aims to bolster an economic anchor
- Total passengers - Anchorage International Airport. // Alaska Business Monthly;Feb98, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p72
Presents statistical information on Anchorage International Airport in Alaska. Indepth look at the the economic situation of the airport for the year 1993-1997; Reference made to the high level of domestic passenger service which the airport receives; What contributed to this service; Details...
- Anchorage International Airport. // Alaska Business Monthly;Jul97, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p76
Presents statistical information on Anchorage International Airport, in Alaska highlighting International and Domestic Cargo Landing Weights. Increase in landings by cargo aircraft for the fiscal year of 1996; Details on a list of international cargo operators.
- ...Especially in Anchorage. Proctor, Paul // Aviation Week & Space Technology;5/12/1997, Vol. 146 Issue 20, p15
Mentions the significance of Anchorage International Airport in Alaska to the local and state economy. Jobs created; The importance of tourism to the area.
- Cargo planes sneaking around Alaska. // Transportation & Distribution;Jul97, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p12
Examines the two Lockheed L-382 Hercules cargo planes which were put into service by Linden Air Cargo (LAC) at Anchorage International Airport. Reference to the type of work done by the cargo planes; Comment from LAC president Mike Hart.
- Anchorage International receives $32 million. // Alaska Business Monthly;Nov98, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p9
Reports that a $32-million boost has been awarded to the Anchorage International Airport for major airside improvements to match recently approved airport bonds for the terminal redevelopment project.
- New digs for Anchorage International. Moore, Melissa // Alaska Business Monthly;May99, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p34
Reports on the projects of the state of Alaska designed to improve the Anchorage International Airport. Details of the road construction and widening projects; Projects as part of the Gateway Alaska program; Improvement of the airport's facilities.
- Air cargo takes off. Dalby, Ron // Alaska Business Monthly;Jul97, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p42
Presents information on Anchorage International Airport in Alaska, while highlighting Alaska's cargo planes domination of air routes between North American and Asia. Comments by airport director, Morton V. Plumb; Development of an Anchorage International Airport 2020 plan by Plumb; 13% increase...
- Anchorage airport readies $191 million plan for expansion. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;10/21/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30256, p1
Reports that Anchorage, Alaska-based Anchorage International Airport officials unveiled a revenue bond-financed expansion project that would more than double the size of their domestic terminal. Need for the proposal to win approval from the airport's key air carriers; Capital spending plan of...
- Anchorage airport's noise exposure maps fly. Searles, Robert A. // Business & Commercial Aviation;Apr99, Vol. 84 Issue 4, p22
Cites the United States Federal Aviation Administration's approval of the Alaska Department of Transportation and Public Facilities' noise exposure maps for Anchorage International Airport.