Texas DOT pushing for amendment allowing grants to toll road agency
- 'Something for Everyone' in TTA's $2.2B Inaugural Offering. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/6/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31443, p23
Reports the debt sale of Turnpike Authority to finance a turnpike system in Texas. Financial assistance for the turnpike system; Improvements of credit quality; Provision of fixed rate for revenue bonds.
- Texas Turnpike Authority Closes Its $2.2 Billion Deal. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/8/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31445, p3
Reports the completion of a debt sale by the Texas Turnpike Authority. Amount of the bonds; Proceeds of the sale; Issuance of financial assistance for the deal by the federal government.
- Hefty Toll-Road Issuance Seen on Austin's Horizon. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;10/23/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31001, p3
Reports on the plan of Texas Turnpike Authority to issue bonds to fund toll roads in the state. Structure of the bonds; Timetable for approving the bond issue.
- Salomon Smith Barney Wins Top Texas Turnpike Authority Job. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;05/04/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30884, p4
Reports on the plan of the Texas Turnpike Authority to issue bonds for toll road projects. Hiring of Salomon Smith Barney as a senior manager; Structure of the bond issue.
- Texas to Sell $2.2 Billion For Highways. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/25/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31415, p1
Reports the sale of toll revenue bonds and notes of Texas Turnpike Authority. Issuance of debt for highway construction; Amount of general obligation commercial paper program to finance projects in the colonias; Extension of state Highway 45.
- Texas Taps Into TIFIA. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/31/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31439, p1
Reports the loan secured by the Texas Turnpike Authority into the Transportation Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act in Texas. Provision of public and private sponsors credit assistance and loans; Statement of Fitch Ratings analyst William Streeter; Proceeds from the debt sale.
- North Carolina Toll Road Plans Are Gaining Traction. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/11/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32443, p3
The article reports on the construction and financing of the first-ever toll roads in North Carolina. The roads will be partly funded through sale of bonds and legislation are being drawn up for such projects and is now awaiting for the signature of Governor Mike Easley. Moreover, these bonds...
- After Two Years of Debate, Congress on Verge of Passing Highway Spending Bill. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/1/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32186, p5
Reports on the U.S. Congress' final legislative approval to a highway spending bill that includes a provision to allow private companies to use funds tax-exempt private-activity bonds that are exempt from the state's volume cap to finance road building. Details about the bill; Laws governing...
- Bond issuance for road repair given green light by New Mexico governor. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;03/13/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30350, p30
Reports on New Mexico Governor Gary Johnson's approval of most major bond initiatives in the Legislature. Failure to resolve the state budget issue; Approval of a$3.1 billion general fund budget; Projects to be financed from the bond issues.