N.Y.S. must curb its 'scandalous' borrowing spree, comptroller says
- N.Y.S. comptroller offers debt reform plan. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;12/10/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30537, p6
Reports that Comptroller H. Carl McCall has offered a debt reform proposal to contain New York State's debt burden. Amendments to the state constitution; Cap on the state's ability to borrow.
- Comptroller McCall Takes N.Y. Leaders to Task Over Debt. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;1/18/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31307, p3
Reports that New York State Comptroller H. Carl McCall has asked state leaders to limit state's increasing debt load. Increase in the debt burden of the state from 1995-2001; Consistent increase in the outstanding debt of the state; Financial plans of the state.
- Campaigning New York Comptrollers Warn of Debt Capacity. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;02/12/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31075, p44
Reports on the concerns about debt capacity of New York. Warning given by Comptrollers H. Carl McCall and Alan G. Hevesi; Need to dedicate increased resources to higher education and job training.
- Calling for new habits. Feiden, Doug; Mirabella, Alan // Crain's New York Business;12/13/93, Vol. 9 Issue 50, p6
Reports on the initial list of finance committee members for New York state comptroller H. Carl McCall's re-election campaign. Pledge to ban political contributions to state and local officials; Felix G. Rohatyn; Richard Jenrette; James E. Cayne; David C. Clapp.
- LI'$ fact$. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);3/18/96, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p1
Presents a quotation from New York State comptroller H. Carl McCall about the attitude of Long Island towards prospective investors.
- McCall talks budgets at Crain forum. // Crain's New York Business;3/3/97, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p36
Reports that H. Carl McCall, New York State Comptroller will be discussing the state and city budgets at a Crain's New York Business forum on March 12, 1997. Venue of the event which is co-sponsored by Chase Manhattan Bank and the New York City Partnership and Chamber of Commerce; Contact...
- N.Y. judge upholds H. Carl McCall's election as state comptroller. // Jet;5/31/93, Vol. 84 Issue 5, p11
Reports that a New York state judge has upheld the election of H. Carl McCall to fill the remainder of a term for state comptroller. Elected by Democrats in the New York State Legislature; First black to hold a statewide elective office; Election appealed by Republicans; More.
- Carl comes McCalling. Furman, Phyllis // Crain's New York Business;9/18/95, Vol. 11 Issue 38, p6
Reports that Carl McCall, who desires to be re-elected as comptroller of the state of New York, has organized a fund-raiser October 26, 1995.
- Comptrolling for dollars. Friedman, Roger D.; Landman, Beth // New York;10/30/95, Vol. 28 Issue 43, p23
Reports on the support of New York state Democrats for state Comptroller Carl McCall. Amount of money raised by McCall; McCall as the Democrat candidate against Governor George Pataki.