Trade deficit rose 14.0% in November
- Import Surge Continuing. // Latin America Monitor: Brazil Monitor;Aug2011, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p5
The article reports that goods trade surplus in Brazil increased to 3.5 billion U.S. dollars in May 2011 and the country's imports continue to grow, outpacing the export growth.
- Foreign trade. // Economic Trends (07482922);Feb96, p10
Discusses import and export trends in the United States. Share of these items to real gross domestic product from 1987 and 1996; States with highest export growth; Trade deficit from January 1994 and October 1995; Change in US trade balance from June to October 1995.
- May trade deficit up to $21.3 billion. Koning, Rahel // Bond Buyer;07/21/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30687, p2
Cites the growth of the United States' trade imbalance in May 1999, largely due to an as-expected pick up in petroleum imports. Other factors that pushed overall imports to a record figure.
- Trade balance hits record high in 2000. // Infomat: A Weekly Review;03/02/2001, p1
Reports on the result of the international trade surplus of Canada for the year 2000. Results of the total exports and imports in Canada; Factors which contributed to the increase in the exports of energy products; Increase in the imports of automotive products.
- Both exports and imports up. // Infomat: A Weekly Review;05/25/2001, p1
Reports on the increase in exports and imports of Canada's merchandise in March 2001. Increase in agricultural and fishing exports; Merchandise trade balance; Comparison of first quarter imports and exports for 2000 and 2001.
- Exports fall to 17-month low. // Infomat: A Weekly Review;10/26/2001, p1
Reports on the decrease in merchandise exports of Canada in August 2001. Percentage of export decline; Percentage of decline in imports; Trade surplus of Canada; Merchandise trade balance.
- Exports at lowest level in five months. // Infomat: A Weekly Review;5/24/2002, p1
Reports on the rate of decline in exports in Canada. Trade surplus with U.S.; Total trade deficit with other nations; Largest import sectors.
- On the Economy. Thredgold, Jeff // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;7/29/2002, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p17
Comments on the U.S. trade imbalance. Total amount of trade deficit in goods and services; Imports of goods and services; Deficit in merchandise goods.
- Implications and Interpretations of Value-Added Trade Balances. Benedetto, John B. // Journal of International Commerce & Economics;Jul2012, p1
Recent academic work has suggested that China's exports to the United States contain a large portion of non-Chinese value added. This paper looks at what the findings of this work could suggest for U.S. and Chinese trade balances, provides some theoretical cautions in interpreting value-added...
- Trade Deficit Up 1% in June. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;08/21/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30958, p2
Reports on the increase in trade deficit in the United States in June 2000, according to data released by the Commerce Department. Total exports and imports for the month.