L.A. Mayor endorses private stadium bid
- Crazylegs Ovitz. Brodie, John // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Aug98, Vol. 68 Issue 8, p109
Focuses on the rivalry between Michael Ovitz and Edward P. Roski Jr. to try to bring the National Football League to California. When was the last time the NFL played a game in Los Angeles; Where would Ovitz and Roski like to see football played in California; Examination of the rivalry.
- To build or not to build: An analysis of the benefits of... Mitchell, Mark L. // Real Estate Issues;Winter96, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p17
Presents information on the issue of franchise expansion, as it relates to sports facilities in the United States. Development of the sports industry's economic structure; Its impact on the playing venue issue; National Football League's increase in franchise relocation; View that the...
- Why corporate ownership works. P.G. // FW;12/5/95, Vol. 164 Issue 25, p32
Explains why there is a growing interest by corporations in sports franchises. How nearly 50 publicly traded corporations own interests in the 110 franchises in professional baseball, hockey and basketball, up from two years ago; The position of the National Football League (NFL);...
- New NFL teams to hike business. Shaw, Russell // Hotel & Motel Management;2/1/94, Vol. 209 Issue 2, p6
Reports on the economic impact of the awarding of National Football League franchises to North Carolina cities. Potential for increased hotel room revenue from out-of-town season-ticket holders and games personnel; Additional business for food-and-beverage facilities, gift shops and food...
- It's time to make a deal that keeps Colts in town. Benner, Bill // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/4/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 34, p55A
Discusses measures that the city of Indianapolis, Indiana needs to take in order to retain the Indiana Colts football team. Popularity of franchises of the National Football League (NFL); Jim Irsay's investment in the franchise; Possibility of building a new stadium as part of the effort to...
- To live and die in L.A. Stellino, Vito // Football Digest;Aug99, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p52
Focuses on the National Football League's decision to award an expansion franchise to Los Angeles, California, which previously had a team in the league. Reasons of the league for awarding the franchise to Los Angeles; Conditions imposed by the league on Los Angeles; Public financing problems...
- Broad weighs up three LA sites for new museum. J. P. // Art Newspaper;Jan2010, Vol. 18 Issue 209, p14
The article reports that Eli Broad is considering three sites in Los Angeles, California for a new museum and study centre for the Broad art collections.
- CORRECTION:. // Vanity Fair;Feb2007, Issue 558, p69
The article presents a correction to the article "Eli Broad's Big Picture" that was published in the December, 2006 issue.
- CORRECTIONS. // Crain's Detroit Business;10/27/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 43, p0002
A correction to the article about entrepreneur Eli Broad of Detroit, Michigan in the October 20, 2014 issue is presented.