Chicago charity defaults on nursing home debt payments
- Global Default Rate Drops to 2.44%. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;1/24/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p21
This article reports on a decline in the speculative-grade default rate in the U.S. in January 2011.
- Default Rates: How Low Can They Go? // High Yield Report;8/9/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 32, p4
Reports that the global speculative-grade default rate has dropped to 2.9 percent in July from a revised rate of 3.4 percent in June 2004 in the U.S.
- Can HAMP Prevent 'Strategic Defaults'? Collins, Brian // National Mortgage News;5/24/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 34, p8
The article focuses on the effectiveness of the Home Affordable Modification Program in preventing strategic defaults in the U.S.
- Contact dispute, bond default, and bankruptcy in Florida. Molis, Jim // Bond Buyer;09/05/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30224, p34
Reports that US Bankruptcy Court Judge Paul G. Hyman Jr. has denied a motion by bankrupt developers in Palm Beach County, Florida to reconsider his earlier decision which remanded to state courts a contract dispute that triggered the default of $288 million in revenue bonds. Background on the...
- Sheridan, Colo., vacant city building may be put on property market. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;12/15/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30292, p34
Reports that the trustee for the defaulted certificates of participation sold by the city of Sheridan, Colorado, may try to sell the vacant city office building that secured $3.2 million of debt. Interest of a school district in buying the building; What company was hired to care for the...
- Sub-prime remains on ice. // Mortgage Strategy;4/5/2010, p3
The article reports on the concerns over the report that Kensington, England will consider customers who have County Court Judgments or defaults registered in their names in the past two years.
- Sheridan, Colo., must pay to continue appeal. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;08/27/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30218, p32
Reports that the Colorado Court Appeals has ordered the city of Sheridan to pay $2.74 million or it will dismiss the city's appeal of a judgment won by bondholders when Sheridan defaulted on a $3.2 million certificates of participation deal for a new city hall. Dilemma the city found itself in;...
- On the Horizon: Defaults in Many Sectors. Roberts, Ricardo // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;12/11/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 49, p1
Deals with a report by Moody's Investors Service analyst David Hamilton which predicted companies in the United States to file for bankruptcy by the end of 2000. Sectors that are potential candidates for defaults; Total amount of domestic high yield defaults; Telecommunication companies that...
- Mich. Firm Missed 2001 Payment. // Bond Buyer;4/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31359, p31
Reports on the notice of default filed by the trustee of the bonds sold in 1997 through the Redford Township Economic Development Corp. on behalf of Z-Technologies Corp. in Michigan. Schedule of payments to the bond reserve fund; Issuance of the limited-obligation, first-mortgage revenue bonds;...