Pay-to-play rules posed
- TIME-OUT CALL. Podgers, James // ABA Journal;Jan2003, Vol. 89 Issue 1, p66
Reports on the decision of the American Bar Association (ABA) Standing Committee on Client Protection to disseminate its proposal for the amendment of Rule 1.4 of the ABA Model Rules of Professional Conduct. Reasons behind the move of the committee; Purpose of the amendment; U.S. states that...
- Formalizing a non-representational role for lawyers in dispute resolution: ADR highlights from the final report of the American Bar Association Ethics 2000 Commission. Coben, James R. // Journal of Alternative Dispute Resolution in Employment;Spring2001, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p4
Provides overviews on the proposed revisions in the Model Rules of Professional Conduct of the American Bar Association in the U.S. Identification on the works of lawyers as third-party neutrals; Encouragement of pro bono participation in non-profit and court-annexed ADR programs; Ethical...
- THE RIGHT CHOICE. Reich, Elaine // ABA Journal;Apr88 Supplement, Vol. 74, p124
Presents a quiz focused on the 1982 American Bar Association Model Rules of Professional Conduct. Disclosure of information about a client with the client's consent; Ethical rules involved in defending a guilty client who wants to plead non guilty; False advertising of legal services.
- THE RIGHT CHOICE. Reich, Elaine // ABA Journal;Jun88, Vol. 74 Issue 6, p104
Presents situations where the American Bar Association Model Rule of Professional Conduct may apply. Ethical rules on calling a firm a Family Law Center; Obligation to defend indigent criminal defendants.
- THE RIGHT CHOICE. Reich, Elaine // ABA Journal;Feb88, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p100
Presents a quiz on the 1983 American Bar Association's (ABA) Model Rules of Professional Conduct. Duty to take reasonable steps to ensure that lawyers being supervised conform to the Rules of Professional Conduct; Situations in which limitations of liability are ordinarily prohibited.
- ABA Ethics Opinions. // ABA Journal;Feb93, Vol. 79 Issue 2, p105
Presents the opinions rendered by the American Bar Association Standing Committee on Ethics and Professional Responsibility regarding professional conduct issues affecting lawyers. Views regarding a lawyer who represents an organization and was asked to sue a member of that organization; Topics...
- Kutak Commission After More Time. Slonim, Scott // American Bar Association Journal;Nov80, Vol. 66 Issue 11, p1350
Reports on the proposal of the American Bar Association (ABA) Commission on Evaluation of Professional Standards to extend its timetable for the revision of the discussion draft of ABA code of ethics. Limits on client confidentiality; Responsibility of corporate counsel; Suggestions for the...
- Professional Ethics Opinions. // American Bar Association Journal;Jun77, Vol. 63 Issue 6, p865
Presents summaries of opinions of the American Bar Association Standing Committee on Ethics and Professional Responsibility. Political contribution to a judge who is a judicial candidate by fellow judge; Charging of contingent fee on value of government medical care recovered from third-party...
- ABA sets July 1 release of pay-to-play report. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;06/08/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30409, p47
Reports on the release of the American Bar Association's report regarding the steps it will take to deter lawyers from engaging in pay-to-play practices on July 1, 1998.