The Economics of Culture Change
- A Study of the Organizational Characteristics of Successful Cooperatives. Carr, Amelia; Kariyawasam, Amanie; Casil, Maureen // Organization Development Journal;Spring2008, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p79
Market power theory suggests that greater market power can be achieved by means of a cooperative strategy that involves collaborating among firms. Although there is a vast amount of literature about the management of corporations, little has been published on the subject of managing...
- Transforming Managers for Organizational Change. O'Neill, Paul E. // Training & Development Journal;Jul90, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p87
Illustrates an organizational change that succeeded through the change of the culture of its managers. Description of the change process; Goal setting and quality assurance systems; Job enrichment programs. INSET: The Lewin-Schein Change Modle.
- Creating change-capable cultures. Sentell, Gerald D. // Executive Excellence;Aug98, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p19
Lists steps on how to create, modify or change an organization's culture. Critical vision components of an organization; Selection of strategies that suit an organization; Development of strategies that are consistent with the vision of the organization.
- Connecting culture to organizational change. GALPIN, TIMOTHY // HR Magazine;Mar96, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p84
Focuses on the management of organizational change and organizational culture. Definition of organizational culture; Motives for managing culture during change; Advice on the development and implementation of an action plan; Guidelines in establishing measures of change; Recommendation of...
- How to Lead the Metamorphosis. Kovach, Barbara E.; Parish, James // Training & Development Journal;Dec88, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p40
Focuses on ways of changing corporate cultures to enable organizations to adapt to the changing times. Emerging model of leadership; Reasons for corporate culture transformation; Management of the transformation process.
- A Diverse Profession is Built by All. Williams, Carly; Barenbaum, Glenn P. // Pennsylvania CPA Journal;Winter2012, Vol. 82 Issue 4, p1
The article discusses the importance of implementing a variety of programs and strategies to build diverse corporate culture. It suggests that effective organizational change requires leadership's commitment. It highlights the importance of attracting, supporting, and developing talent from...
- Winning vs. whining. Chapman, Kenny // Plumbing & Mechanical;Jun2012, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p48
The article presents the author's views on how to prepare a business to face the current market uncertainties in the plumbing industry. He says that it is the time for a business to focus on winning and to look for learning opportunities. He also talks about improving leadership skills and to...
- Costly Western assumptions. Doucet, Mia // Control Engineering;Oct2007, Vol. 54 Issue 10, p32
The author focuses on the incompatibility of the Western business practice approach to businesses in Asia. She notes that the qualities that make businesses succeed in the West tend to detract Asian businesses to succeed in the East. She adds that Asian culture tends not to acknowledge companies...
- A Theoretical Model for Networked Foresight. Heger, Tobias // Proceedings of ISPIM Conferences;2014, Issue 25, p1
Research on corporate foresight has been analyzing organizations' capabilities to scan, interpret and facilitate information from the political, economical and legal environment, in society and in technology. The aim is to prepare and transform the organization adequately to survive in the face...