Chubb provides help to new Disability Legislation
- Gear up for the disabled. Crook // Cabinet Maker;10/01/99, Issue 5157, p6
Focuses on the provisions of the Disability Discrimination Act of 1995 which makes it unlawful for a provider of services in Great Britain to discriminate against a disabled person.
- Accent on access. Kennedy-Davies, Hugh // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Feb96, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p22
Reports on Great Britain's Disability Discrimination Bill which became an Act of Parliament in November 1995'. Doubts about bill's effectiveness compared with the Disabled Persons (Employment) Act of 1944 which it is supposed to supersede; Mixed response from disabled people and their...
- DDA 2005 timetable. // RoSPA Occupational Safety & Health Journal;Sep2005, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p12
The article reports on the changes included in the Disability Discrimination Act 2005 of Great Britain. The act includes landlords, private clubs, transport and qualification bodies under its scope. It also requires that any organization or person providing goods and services must ensure...
- CASTING LIGHT ON THE DDA. // Fire Safety Engineering;Nov2004, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p14
The article presents information about the Disabilities Discrimination Act. It reached it's final phase of implementation on October 1, 2004. Bob Choppen, project manager of Fulleon, says that since October 1, 1999 service providers have had to make reasonable adjustments to accommodate disabled...
- Practices can make perfect. Bright, Keith // Estates Gazette;9/11/2004, Issue 437, p136
Presents examples that illustrate the effect of the lack of understanding of the Disability Discrimination Act of 1995 (DDA) on what employers and service providers are being asked to do in order to comply with the DDA.
- Websites fail to meet disability regulations. Tryphonides, Andrea // Money Marketing;4/7/2005, p17
Reports on the failure of several financial services web sites to meet the requirements of the Disability Discrimination Act in Great Britain. Average number of providers who met the minimum requirements for disabled persons' accessibility; Overuse of colors and images to convey information and...
- A CALL TO ACTION FROM THE BOARD OF THE NAGA. // Amputee Golfer Magazine;2005, p54
An excerpt from the U.S. Department of Justice's Technical Assistance Manual pertaining to the provision by golf courses of single-rider golf cars to disabled or mobility-impaired golfers is presented.
- Litigation a real threat for sites not following disability standards. Thomas, Daniel // Computer Weekly;7/15/2003, p12
Business enterprises in Great Britain should treat the country's first case brought under the Disability Discrimination Act seriously, lawyers have said. Under the Disability Discrimination Act, passed in 1995, all organisations are required to make reasonable adjustments to their systems to...
- Political correctness hampers disability ads. Singh, Sonoo // Marketing Week;7/10/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 28, p20
Focuses on the plan of the government to put the disability discrimination laws, as exemplified with the completion of the final phase of the 1995 Disability Discrimination Act, and urge the advertising industry to reflect the roles of the disabled in Great Britain. Plan to collaborate with...