Utah Transit Authority Approves Issuing Up to $175 Million in 2005
- Cutting the pork in Congress. MERRION, PAUL // Crain's Chicago Business;11/22/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 47, p3
The article reports that Illinois may lose its battle to get bills containing earmarks, passed by the U.S. House. It states that the Republican takeover the U.S. House dooms pet projects earmarked by Illinois Democrats. It includes 6.4 million dollars in titanium machining equipment for the Rock...
- Manatee's Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/25/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31849, p29
Reports on the plan of Manatee County, Florida to sell multimillion dollars of transportation revenue refunding and improvement bonds. Uses of the proceeds; Remarks from Manatee finance director Jim Seuffert regarding the development.
- Transportation Tops Rhode Island's $218 Million Wish List of Bonds. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;09/21/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30980, p4
Reports that the majority of government bond issues in Rhode Island will be used to finance transportation projects in the state. Amount allocated by the state to transportation projects; Breakdown of the state's bond issues; Current amount in outstanding debt incurred by the state government.
- Oklahoma OKs Upcoming Garvee Sales. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/30/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31006, p48
Highlights the decision of Oklahoma Bond Oversight Commission to approve putting federal highway funds toward repaying the bonds over the next 10 years. Value of the bonds to be issued by the state Department of Transportation; Legislature's approval of the use of grant anticipation revenue...
- State to accelerate transportation issuance, public finance panelists say. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;03/29/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30608, p7
Reports on Texas' plans to accelerate the sale of bonds for the financing of transportation projects in the state. Changes in the state's financing techniques; Texas' other sources of transportation funding.
- Highly Rated Seattle to Sell $133 Million of GOs Next Week. Kelemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;3/4/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32083, p34
The article presents information on the plans of Seattle, Washington, to competitively price just over $133 million of limited-tax general obligation bonds to finance various transportation and infrastructure projects, as well as refinance outstanding debt. Michael van Dyck, the city's debt...
- DeKalb's Request. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/18/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32199, p27
Reports that voters in DeKalb County, Georgia could be asked to consider a bond referendum for transportation improvements. Schedule of a series of public information meetings.
- Colorado DOT Shelves $400 Million Revenue Bond Deal. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/19/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31247, p3
Reports the impact of the terrorist attacks on the sale of the transportation revenue bonds of the Colorado Department of Transportation. Cancellation of infrastructure programs; Cutbacks on state agency budgets; Shortfalls envisioned as a result of the crisis.
- Other People's Money. // Orange County Business Journal;12/13/99, Vol. 22 Issue 50, p46
Comments on the bailout of the toll lanes' private investors in Orange County, California. Issuance of tax-exempt bonds; Amount involved in the project; Lack of the critical element of financial accountability of the project.