CBOT Names ASA as Muni Futures Market Maker
- Muni Demand Strong; Trader 'Loving It'. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;3/10/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32832, p2
The article reports on the strong demand for tax-exempt municipal securities in the U.S. as traders prefer this market. Traders stated that tax-exempt yields were lower by five to seven basis points. The Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board reported gains in trades. One trader in New York...
- Munis Firmer Following Payrolls Drop. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;4/7/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32851, p2
The article reports on the performance of the U.S. municipal market following a bigger than expected drop in nonfarm payrolls in March 2008. Traders said tax-exempt yields were lower by three to five basis points. Another trader stated that the payrolls pushed Treasury yields lower and municipal...
- Munis Firmer Following Treasuries. Scarchilli, Michael; Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;10/22/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32738, p2
The article focuses on developments concerning the status of the municipal market in the U.S. in October 19, 2007. Accordingly, the municipal market was firmer during the stated date in light trading in sympathy with Treasuries as market participants seek the safe haven bid in response to...
- Market Close: Munis Steady As New Deals Take Charge. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;11/19/2014, Issue 34213, p1
Municipal bonds kept an even keel on Wednesday, even as a boatload of new issues hit the primary market, including several deals upwards of $100 million as well as more than 50 smaller transactions.
- Futures Markets . // Bond Buyer;10/15/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31491, p45
Presents market statistics on the futures market in the U.S. as of October 15, 2002. Estimated number of contracts traded on October 10, 2002; Change experienced by the treasury bonds in March 2003; Prices of the municipal futures contracts for November 2002.
- Waterbury, Conn., Puts Off $320 Million Pension Deal Over Market Conditions. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;6/5/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32893, p4
The article reports that Waterbury, Connecticut is preparing to enter the bond market with $320 million of taxable pension bonds that would help address the city's $460 million unfunded pension liability. The city had planned to use the bond proceeds to help fill a $460 million unfunded pension...
- Market Statistics. // Bond Buyer;8/10/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33163, p31
The article presents several statistics on the performance of various government securities in the U.S. including municipal market data general obligation yields, reoffering yields, and municipal market yields.
- Market snapshot: Monday, November 9. // Bond Buyer;11/10/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30518, p2
Presents a chart showing a snapshot of the bond market in the United States on November 9, 1998. Government securities prices; Municipal bond index; Municipal futures; MOB spread; 30-day visible supply; Standard & Poor's Blue List.
- Market statistics. // Bond Buyer;01/06/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30552, p28
Presents statistics reflecting municipal bond market activity in the United States as of January 5, 1999. Includes short-term tax-exempt yields; Government securities prices; Municipal market data general obligation yields; New-issue balances; Futures markets; Reoffering yields.