Total Outstanding Debt Breaks $2 Trillion at 3rd Quarter's End
- Muni Sales Show Serious 2Q Surge. Seymour, Dan // Bond Buyer;9/22/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33187, p1
The article reports on the increase of municipal bonds in the second quarter of 2009 in the U.S. The Federal Reserve reveals that the municipal debt understanding has increased to 2.779 trillion dollars during the quarter. Municipal strategist George Friedlander of Morgan Standley Smith Barney...
- Corporate Debt Issuance Shatters Records. Platt, Gordon // Global Finance;Nov2013, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p76
The article offers information on the status of the corporate debt issuance in the U.S. Topics include the report of Thomson Reuters, provider of intelligent information for businesses and professionals, on the corporate bond offering of computer maker Apple Inc. and telecommunication company...
- Financial repression and debt liquidation in the USA and the euro area. Hoffmann, Andreas; Zemanek, Holger // Intereconomics;Nov2012, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p344
Rising debt levels have caused a revival of financial repression in the euro area and the USA. The Federal Reserve directly represses US bond yields and assists in financing the state budget, resulting in an overall liquidation effect from falling bond yields of about three per cent of total...
- People power without the politics. Ben-Ami, Daniel // Fundweb;7/17/2013, p28
The article focuses on the aspects of bond investments in countries where there are many demonstrations. It articulates that radical new regimes seem to have little risk to bond investors in those countries. It notes that sharp decline in the prices of emerging market debt have several factors....
- Bond managers hold fast. Hemmerick, Steve // Pensions & Investments;4/18/1994, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p2
Reports on low-inflation, moderate growth investment strategies applied by fixed-income money managers. Comments from David Edington, managing partner at the Pacific Investment Management Co.; Expectations of continuous volatility in the bond market; Anticipation of tightening of interest rates...
- Savings Bond transition deadline approaches. Chrisholm, John D. // ABA Banking Journal;Dec79, Vol. 71 Issue 12, p82
Focuses on the transition of Series E and H Bonds to Series EE and HH in the U.S. Differences between EE Bonds and E Bonds; Changes in the HH Series; Issuance of HH Series only by the Federal Reserve Banks.
- Distressed Ratio Increases in June. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;7/8/2013, p14
The article reports on the increase in the distressed ratio in the U.S. to six per cent amidst the plan of the Federal Reserve to end its bond buying initiative in June 2013.
- Market to focus on FOMC, unemployment. Showalter, Monica // Bond Buyer;06/29/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30672, p2
Reports that the United States Federal Reserve's policy-setting session will dominate bond trading. Anticipation of a rate hike; Expected increase of interest rates.
- Fannie Sells $3B Of Debt; Yield Dips. // American Banker;12/10/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 237, p12
A news brief is presented, reporting on the sale by Fannie Mae of debt at lower yields than government-guaranteed bank bonds. The five-year notes were the first offering from the government-sponsored enterprise since September 2008 with a maturity of greater than a year. The purchase of Fannie...