Virginia Gov.'s Budget Includes $943 Million in New Spending
- Virginia Governor's Budget Plan Includes Nearly $740M in Debt. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/18/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31784, p28
Presents the proposed budget of Virginia governor Mark R. Warner for the fiscal 2005-2006 biennium. Inclusion of bond-issuance proposals; Combination of proposed tax increases and reductions; Amount of the budget.
- Va. Budget Wrangle Goes on as Warner OKs $261M in Bonds. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/2/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31832, p4
Reports that members of Virginia's Senate and House of Delegates are trying to hammer out a compromise between their competing fiscal 2005-2006 biennial budget blueprints. Governor Mark R. Warner's signing of two bills that authorize a total of 261 million dollars in debt issuance; Total of...
- Virginia Lawmakers Stepping Up Tax, Budget Negotiations. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/27/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31830, p4
Reports that the financial committees of the Virginia General Assembly have started negotiations to reach a compromise on tax revision and budgetary matters. Amount of bond package favored by Governor Mark R. Warner; Plan to increase upper-bracket income taxes and sales taxes; Proposed...
- Virginia Panels OK Different Bills Calling for Taxes to Close Gap. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/24/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31827, p3
Reports on differing bills approved by Virginia lawmakers that would increase tax revenue to close a shortfall in the state's budget and authorize the issuance of debt. Senate and House versions for boosting revenues over that biennium; Bond proposals that overlap with separate bond-authorizing...
- Virginia Governor Vows to Cut Bureaucracy, Protect School Funds. Vadum, Mathew // Bond Buyer;1/10/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31550, p6
Reports that Virginia Governor Mark R. Warner promised in his annual state address to try to enact money-saving reforms that cut bureaucracy and to veto any budget-amendment bill lawmakers may approve that cuts school funding or state retirement funds. Governor's proposals for the improvement...
- Virginia Airport Program Takes Hit as Governor Makes Cuts. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/21/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31495, p32
Reports on the amount deducted from the capital grant program in Virginia. Proceeds of the capital grant program; Efforts of Governor Mark R. Warner to balance the 2003 budget; Details on the spending cuts.
- Virginia's Gov. Warner Urges Action to Save Triple-A Rating. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/16/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31802, p5
Reports that Virginia Governor Mark R. Warner has urged lawmakers to protect gilt-edged general obligation rating. Enactment of budgetary and tax reform proposals; Budget proposal for 2005-2006; Comparison of bond proposal with tax-exempt bond issuance proposed by lawmakers in separate legislation.
- Virginia Governor Proposes Budget Amendments to Assembly. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;6/11/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31903, p4
Reports that the Virginia General Assembly will consider all of Virginia governor Mark R. Warner's proposed amendments to the budget bill at a so-called veto session on June 16, 2004. Signing of tax-revision bills into law; Approval of budget in tax-exempt revenue bond authority; University of...
- Next Stop, Virginia's Voters. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;5/2/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31378, p1
Reports the signing of tax-exempt revenue bond issuance by governor, Mark R. Warner in Virginia. Passage of sales-tax hikes in referendums; Increase the local portion of the state sales tax; Finances in regional transportation programs.