Municipals Fall in Sluggish Session As Holiday Mindset Starts Setting In
- Municipals Fall in Sluggish Session As Holiday Mindset Starts Setting In. Johilson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;12/20/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32033, p2
The article reports on municipal bond market. The municipal bond market finished the week on a softer note amid sluggish activity as trading began to wind down ahead of two abbreviated holiday weeks. Government bonds pared some of their losses before the end of the session but stayed in negative...
- Boosted by Benign CPI Report, Municipal Bonds Finish Higher. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;2/24/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32077, p2
The article reports on the performance of municipal bonds for February 23, 2005. Helped by a benign consumer price index report, municipal bonds finished higher yesterday and longer-dated Treasuries managed to hold on to their gains even as the minutes of the February Federal Open Market...
- Municipal Bonds Pare Early Losses As Weak Stocks Overshadow CPI. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;4/21/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32116, p2
Reports on the ability of municipal bond market to pare most of its early losses to finish unchanged or a touch easier in sympathy with Treasuries as weaker equities overshadowed the negative impact of stronger-than-expected consumer price data. Rise of the consumer price index according to the...
- Munis end down: Treasuries Fall on Stronger-than-expected CPI. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;2/23/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31826, p2
Reports on the decline in the municipal bond market in the U.S. as of February 2004. Higher-than-expected consume price index; Increase in government market losses; Drop in foreign central bank's demand for U.S. government securities.
- Munis End Week Flat to Slightly Weaker. Scarchilli, Michael; Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;6/16/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32900, p2
The article reports on the performance of the municipal bond market in the U.S. as of June 13, 2008. Despite some gains in the Treasury market, the municipal market is noted to remain flat with yields and trading transactions almost maintaining their level. In related note, the consumer price...
- Munis Gain as Treasuries Rally On Deep Plunge in Stock Prices. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;7/22/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31432, p2
Reports bond market developments in the U.S. as of July 2002. Increase marketing activity for municipal bonds; Decline of government earnings report; Growth of the consumer price index.
- Munis, Treasuries Show Little Response to Data. Curran, William; Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;8/4/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32438, p2
The article discusses the performance of the municipal bond market in the U.S. on August 3, 2006. Both the municipal bonds and Treasuries showed little reaction to economic data. Investors are still waiting for clues as to whether the Federal Open Market Committee will adjust monetary policy...
- California's $7.9B Deal Captivates Market; Munis End Session Weaker. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;5/6/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31878, p2
Reports on developments concerning the municipal bond market in the U.S. as of May 6, 2004. Focus on the institutional pricing of California's economic recovery bonds (ERB); Treasury's announcement that it planned to sell three-, five- and 10-year notes; Ratings assigned to the California ERB;...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Wednesday, May 5. // Bond Buyer;5/6/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31878, p2
Presents a charts on the municipal bond market and economic indicators in the U.S. as of May 5, 2004. Institute for Supply Management's non-manufacturing business activity composite index; Government securities prices; Municipal bond index.