- Night Shift. IRELAND, PERRIN // AGNI;1999, Issue 49, p175
The short story "Night Shift," by Perrin Ireland is presented.
- Night Shift (Short story). Greenberg, Suzanne // West Branch;Spring2004, Issue 54, p37
Presents the short story "Night Shift," by Suzanne Greenberg.
- Burning the midnight oil. Chapman, Christy // Internal Auditor;Apr95, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p11
Reports that more people in Ireland than in any other European country preferred to work at night as revealed by a Commission of the European Union study.
- Where the night shift toasts the sunrise. Danoff, Douglas // New York;08/11/97, Vol. 30 Issue 30, p13
Looks at the bar, Jeremy's Ale House, in New York City. Jeremy's serving of beer for night workers at 8 am; The variety of workers that Jeremy's attracts; Comments from patrons.
- Midnight shift not so grave. Graulich, David // Business Press;9/1/95, Vol. 8 Issue 18, p8
Opinion. Discusses the advantages of working in the midnight shift. Includes listening to the radio; Being the first one to read the newspaper; Having an excuse to attend a social event you do not want to attend.
- Don't lose sleep over the night shift. Dunning, Sherrill E. // RN;Oct97, Vol. 60 Issue 10, p92
Opinion. Focuses on the beauty of working a night shift. Importance of getting seven or eight hours of sleep during the day; Why nurses who work night shift need to maintain good dietary habits; Reason you should adjust your medication schedule.
- The value of a clean break. Collins, Clayton // Christian Science Monitor;9/25/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 213, p11
Discusses the increasing number of companies that require employees to work during the evening hours.
- Shift work damage. // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Dec2001, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p14
Reports on the association between night shift work and heart disease. Development of premature ventricular complexes; Comparison of rates of heart disease between night workers and daytime workers.
- No fighting traffic, no normal sleep. Roberts, Vic // Christian Science Monitor;9/4/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 196, p17
Presents the experiences of the author in working an overnight shift, including the advantages and disadvantages of the shift.