Hepatitis C compensation may be extended
- HMO Found Liable for $24M in Vegas Hep C Outbreak. // India -- West;4/12/2013, Vol. 38 Issue 21, pA4
The article informs that the Las Vegas, Nevada state court has found that health management organization (HMO) is responsible for Las Vegas hepatitis C outbreak and so HMO is liable for 24 million U.S. dollars in compensatory damages to plaintiffs Bonnie Brunson and Carl Brunson.
- Ribavirin-Associated Hemoglobinuria with Treatment of Hepatitis C Virus Infection. Diamond, Catherine // Clinical Infectious Diseases;4/1/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p1042
Presents a letter to the editor in response to the article "Hematologic Disorders Associated with Hepatitis C Virus Infection and Their Management," by D. T. Dietrich and J. L. Spivak.
- NHS announces more funding for hep C treatments. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;Jun2015, Vol. 730 Issue 1, p33
The article reports on the 190 million pound funding announced by the British National Health Service (NHS) as of June 2015 for hepatitis C treatment in addition to the 40 million extra that started in 2014.
- Hepatitis C in Haematological Patients. Hwang, Y. Y.; Liang, R. H. S. // Hepatitis Research & Treatment;2010, p1
There is no consensus guideline concerning the management of chronic hepatitis C patients during chemotherapy, and immunosuppression. However, there are some suggestions in literature that hepatitis C viral load increases during chemotherapy and there is a risk of rebound immunity against...
- EFIKASNOST ANTIVIRUSNE TERAPIJE KOD OSOBA SA HEMOFILIJOM I HEPATITIS C VTRUSNOM INFEKCIJOM. KOSTIĆ, Velimir; ĐORĐEVIĆ, Marina; PPOPOVIĆ, Lidija; KOSTIĆ, Emina; ĐORĐEVIiĆ, Jovana; GOVEDAREVIĆ, Nenad // Medicinski Pregled / Medical Review;2009, Vol. 62 Issue 3/4, p129
INTRODUCTION: HCV infection was common cause of morbidity and mortality in patients with hemophilia before 1986. We wanted to investigate the effect of treatment with combination therapy in HCV positive patients with hemophilia. MATERIAL AND METHODS: The research included totally 13 persons...
- Will the real victims please stand up? McGovern, Celeste // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;07/13/98, Vol. 25 Issue 30, p41
Discusses aspects of the Hepatitis C compensation issue in Canada. Efforts to predict the number of Hepatitis C sufferers who will seek government funds in compensation for tainted blood transfusions that resulted in the infection; Complications that arose in the compensation issue following a...
- Hepatitis compensation announced. McHugh, Joseph // Public Finance;1/30/2004, p15
Reports on the compensation given to hepatitis C sufferers who were infected with contaminated blood products by the National Health Service in Great Britain. Standard payment for hepatitis C sufferers; Problems of hepatitis in the country.
- A Review on the Use of Eltrombopag in Patients with Advanced Liver Disease. Giannini, Edoardo G.; Greco, Alfredo; Savarino, Vincenzo // Clinical Medicine: Therapeutics;2009, Issue 1, p1489
Thrombocytopenia is the most common hematological abnormality in patients with chronic, advanced liver disease. In these patients, the presence of severe thrombocytopenia is an obstacle to the performance of invasive diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, and the current standard treatment for...
- RUNNING on EMPTY. Mayrer, Jessica // Missoula Independent;9/9/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 36, p14
The article reports on the efforts of outreach workers to maintain HIV infection and Hepatitis C (HCV) prevention programs despite the absence of major grants in Montana. The author mentions that each Montana Targeted Prevention program (MTAP) representative is tasked to communicate with a...