Second Printing Planned For Newest 9/11 Report Version
- Will the masses read Canadian? Martin, Sandra // Books in Canada;Feb75, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p28
Focuses on reports about the publishing industry in Canada. Secretary of State's analysis of the mass-market paperback industry in Canada; 'English-Language Book Publishing in Canada,' by Paul Audley.
- More Books, More Publishers, Higher Prices. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;6/2/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 22, p10
Reports on the increase in the total number of books published in the U.S. in 2002. Reason for the decline in titles from the largest trade houses; Price gap between trade paper and mass market titles; Increase in the average price of adult trade paperbacks.
- Continuity and Change in British Publishing, 1770-2000. Eliot, Simon J. // Publishing Research Quarterly;Summer2003, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p37
Presents information on the publishing industry in Great Britain as of 2003. Increase in the annual production of titles; History of book merchandising; Predominance of mass market paperbacks.
- Paperback Recession. // Time;7/5/1954, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p90
This article discusses the falling paperback market in the U.S. in 1954. Publishers posted a decline in paperback sales from the previous year. Four companies plan to suspend publication for the summer and a paperback publisher intends to reduce book production by a third. Some publishers hope...
- The Sweet Spot. Nelson, Sara // Publishers Weekly;3/26/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 13, p7
The article contends that the book industry in the U.S. should publish more in paperback original. The author said that most books in European and Asian markets are published only in softcover. While many of those markets are smaller than the U.S., the sell-through is often better. One reason is...
- Paperback Bestsellers/Trade. Maryles, Daisy // Publishers Weekly;3/20/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 12, p17
The article focuses on best selling paperbacks in the U.S. and features author Sue Mon Kidd. Monk says his book Mermaid Chair is his own attempt to answer a woman's desire to love and be free. Meanwhile, the book Su Doku Easy to Hardstill gains strong sales in 206 weeks. A complete list of the...
- 20 Years Ago Today: The Asian Printing Phenomenon. Taylor, Sally // Publishers Weekly;7/31/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 30, pS18
In this article, the author discusses the growth of the printing industry in Asia. The author recalls that Japan was the best-known Asian printing resource in the early 1980s. Over the years, Hong Kong became the center of English-language publishing in Asia. Some factors which contributed to...
- No longer worth the paper. FLAMM, MATTHEW // Crain's New York Business;11/14/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 46, p0001
The article reports on the declining sales of paperback editions of books in the wake of the rising popularity of e-books. The Association of American Publishers reports fall in the net sales of paperbacks by 18%, to 773 million dollars, in 2011 through August, compared with the year-earlier...
- 2004 Paperback Nonfiction New York Times Top Literary Agents by No. of Titles. // Book Publishing Report;5/17/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 18, p8
Presents a chart depicting paperback nonfiction bestsellers by publisher.