GFOA, TBMA find common ground, differences
- GFOA Committee to review TBMA secondary market conduit proposal. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;06/30/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30425, p54
Focuses on the plan by the Government Finance Officers Association to work with the Bond Market Association, National Association of Bond Lawyers and the National Federation of Municipal Analysts on a proposal that would ease the packaging of municipal debt for the secondary market. Features of...
- GFOA panels to consider practices on counsel, others. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;02/09/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30327, p4
Examines the proposals being studied by the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) panel concerning practices related to municipal bond counsel, underwriter's counsel, bondholder communication and taxable debt in the United States. Anticipation of the GFOA's approval of the proposals;...
- Yield burning, technology are top concerns, GFOA leaders say. Hume, Lynn Stevens; Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;06/30/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30425, p6
Focuses on the major issues facing state and local bond issuers in the United States according to the Government Finance Officers Association's governmental debt and fiscal policy committee. Legislative proposal by Senator Orrin Hatch which gives issuers the right to appeal Internal Revenue...
- Issuers Wringing Hands Over Possible Tampering With Tax-Exempts. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;5/25/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33523, p6
The article focuses on the concerns of U.S. government officials regarding the risk of losing tax-exemption for municipal bonds and the use of tax-credit bonds by the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA).
- GFOA panel gives nod to TBMA proposal. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;02/05/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30573, p4
Reports on the Government Finance Officers Association's debt committee's (GFOA) implementation of a resolution that would endorse The Bond Market Association's tax-exempt municipal investment conduit proposal. GFOA's cash management committee's rejection of the plan of adopting a recommended...
- TBMA Will Work With GFOA To Resolve Disclaimer Issue. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;03/20/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30852, p1
Reports that the United States-based Bond Market Association (BMA) plans to coordinate with the Government Finance Officers Association to resolve the controversy over disclaimers as of March 20, 2000. Background on the disclaimer language developed by the BMA.
- GFOA panel opposes disclaimer approved by TBMA this month. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;02/16/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30830, p4
Reports that the Government Finance Officers Association has opposed the disclaimer approved by the Bond Market Association in the United States. Voluntary inclusion of disclosure disclaimers by underwriters in bond offerings.
- TBMA Calls For Study of Transparency. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;8/9/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31446, p1
Reports the request of the Bond Market Association for the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board to study the effects of disclosing prices bonds on the municipal market in the U.S. Alleviation of price transparency; Reduction of the lag time on municipal securities trade; Provision of trade...
- The Bond Market Association. // Bond Buyer;09/28/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30487, p39
Presents graphs and a chart on The Bond Market Association's municipal bond indexes in the United States as of September 28, 1998. Municipal swap index; Index-linked municipal swaps; Swap rates; Bond yields.